If you love garlic bread, you’ll be obsessed with these Sweet and Savory Vegan Cheesy Garlic Twists! Easy to make and tons of flavor!
If you love bread as a side, but want to switch it up, then you are going to love these Sweet and Savory Vegan Cheesy Garlic Twists.
They are really simple to make, but they are loaded with flavor. You will be shocked at how something that seems so easy to make is actually loaded with so much flavor.
This will pair perfectly with any meal, but it is also a great snack or appetizer as well!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Sweet and Savory Vegan Cheesy Garlic Twists INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this easy vegan breadsticks:
- puff pastry – Pepperidge Farm puff pastry is accidentally vegan and that’s what we are using here. Using the puff pastry is a super easy way to make breadsticks, especially for people that do not like working with dough
- brown sugar – we wanted to make these sweet and savory so there’s just a touch of sugar
- vegan butter – helps to add richness and moisture to the dough and overall enhance this dish
- spices and seasonings – we’ve created a unique blend of ingredients that we think is perfect in make the falvor explode with each and every bite that you take
- vegan cheddar cheese – the cheesy flavor added here just takes these over the top
Substitutions and Variations:
- puff pastry – you could swap out the puff pastry for one of our normal dough recipes and then use the seasonings to get the same flavor
- brown sugar – maple syrup would be our first choice to sub, but coconut sugar, date sugar or even agave would work
- vegan butter – we don’t recommend omitting or subbing the vegan butter in this recipe
- spices and seasonings – the oregano, rosemary and parsley could be subbed for an Italian seasoning blend or you can get creative and switch up the spices as desired
- vegan cheddar cheese – vegan mozzarella would also work in this recipe
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you can locate a vegan gluten free puff pastry, then you can make these wheat free.
Other than that, use a soy free vegan butter like Fora or Earth Balance soy free. And a vegan cheddar cheese that is suitable for your allergens.
Heat in the microwave for a few seconds or in an air fryer or oven until heated through (about 5-7 minutes depending on which using)
These are good for up to a week. Store in an air tight container in the fridge and reheat as described above.
Yes! Store in an freezer safe bag or container once completely cooled and consume within 3 months.
WHAT PAIRS WELL WITH THESE?
Pasta is such a great dish for these to pair with. Here’s some of our favorites:
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Asparagus Pasta
- The Best Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Pumpkin Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach (photoed above)
- The Best Vegan Lasagna
- Vegan Alfredo
- Vegan Cheesy Hamburger Helper Skillet
- Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Carbonara
- Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Chickpea Pasta
What other vegan bread recipe ideas could I make?
Here’s some bread ideas:
- Vegan Italian Cheesy Bread Rolls
- Vegan Garlic Bread
- Easy Vegan Dinner Rolls
- Vegan Garlic Knots (shown above)
Pin these Sweet and Savory Vegan Cheesy Garlic Twists for later:
Sweet and Savory Vegan Cheesy Garlic Twists
- cracked salt
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll thawed pastry out to 16in x 12in. Combine maple syrup and melted vegan butter together in a small bowl. Brush over pastry.
- Evenly sprinkle seasonings across pastry. Top with cheese then press cheese into the dough with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Fold pastry in and half along the long side. Press the sides together pinching at the bottom to seal.
- Cut 1 inch strips to make 12 strips. Twist the strips gently a few times. Lay on a parchment lied baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown all over.