This easy vegan pumpkin pasta with spinach and sundried tomatoes is sure to be a new favorite vegan dinner idea for all! Top 8 Allergen Free Option.
If you have never had pumpkin pasta you are missing out! This delicious vegan pumpkin pasta is so creamy and comforting you will wonder why you haven’t tried it before.
Pumpkin puree provides a creaminess to the pasta sauce similar to what you would look for with an alfredo, but with whole foods.
No matter your preferences, if you like pumpkin, then you will love with delicious vegan fall dinner idea.
Added into this delicious vegan pumpkin pasta is spinach and sundried tomatoes for a really healthy and well balanced dinner idea that can double as a dish for your fall holiday parties.
It’s loaded with flavor and sure to be a hit.
Finally, you have the option to add in some vegan sausage if you want.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients go into vegan pumpkin pasta?
In addition to the pumpkin, a lot of spices come together to create a delicious vegan fall dinner idea. The smell in your house once this is cooking is just so good.
The ingredients that you need for this dairy free pumpkin pasta are:
- Pumpkin puree
- Pasta (we used fettuccine but any pasta will do, sub for GF)
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Sweet onion
- Oat Milk
- Vegan Butter
- Vegan Parmesan
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Sage
- Sprig Fresh Thyme
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Cayenne, optional
- Vegan sausages, optional
How do you make vegan pumpkin pasta?
This pasta comes together pretty quickly after some light prepping.
First, you want to bring a pot of salted water to a boil and then cook your pasta according to the instructions. Drain when finished.
While you are waiting for it to boil, you will want to start chopping all your vegetables. That includes the onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and vegan sausages if you are using.
If making the sausages, cooked them according to package instructions in a separate skillet.
For the pasta – You are going to start by adding in vegan butter to a large skillet over medium heat and letting that melt.
Once melted, add in your onions and let cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Then, add in your spices, and fresh herbs and stir to combine. Let it cook for a minute until you can start to smell the fragrance of all those spices coming together.
Next, add in your garlic and sundried tomatoes. Stir and let cook for another minute.
Add in your oat milk and pumpkin and stir, cooking 2 minutes once added.
Then, in with your spinach and half the parmesan. If using, add in your cooked sausages. Stir. Let cook until completely wilted. About 3-4 minutes.
Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Add drained, cooked noodles to the sauce and stir.
Remove from heat and top with remaining parmesan.
Serve with a salad or some nice crunchy bread.
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Friendly pumpkin pasta?
Yes. Omit the optional sausage. Make sure you are using a gluten free pasta and that you have a soy free vegan butter. We like Earth Balance Soy free in the red tub. Add use our recipe for vegan parmesan cheese with sunflower seeds or the Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan cheese.
Doing this, you will have a completely Top 8 Allergen Free vegan pumpkin pasta recipe.
Depending on your allergies, you may be able to find a vegan sausage that works for you; however, the ones we have seen either have gluten (Field Roast) or soy (Tofurkey) or coconut (Beyond). Depending on your needs, you could use one if it is safe for you.
Can I prep this vegan pumpkin pasta ahead of time?
Absolutely, this pasta can be completely made in advance and stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Warm before serving.
You may have to add another splash of oat milk to have it really saucy again and not just sticking to your noodles.
What are other vegan pasta dishes I should try?
Who doesn’t love pasta? Especially in colder months, it can be a total comfort food. Here’s some more delicious vegan pasta dishes:
- The Best Vegan Lasagna
- Vegan Alfredo
- Vegan Cheesy Hamburger Helper Skillet
- The Best Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Carbonara
- Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Chickpea Pasta
Don’t forget to serve with some delicious warm vegan garlic bread.
And if you are looking for some cold pasta ideas, try out:
Pin this Vegan Pumpkin Pasta with spinach and sundried tomatoes for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Pumpkin Pasta with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles (can swap for other noodles, use Gluten Free if needed)
- 2 vegan sausages, sliced and quartered, OPTIONAL (we used Field Roast Apple Sage)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, (can sub for veg stock if oil free)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed (sub for 1/8 tsp dried thyme)
- 3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped fine (sub for 1/8 tsp dried basil)
- 3 large fresh sage leaves, chopped fine (sub for 1/4 tsp dried sage)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, optional
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan Cheese, divided (use link or store bought)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and then cook pasta according to the instructions.
- While waiting for it to boil, chop all vegetables: onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes, spinach, herbs, and vegan sausages if using.
- If making vegan sausages, cook them according to package instructions in a separate skillet.
- Add in vegan butter to a large skillet over medium heat and let melt.
- Once melted, add in onions and let cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in spices and fresh herbs and stir to combine. Let it cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in garlic and sundried tomatoes. Stir and let cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in oat milk and pumpkin and stir, cooking 2 minutes..
- Add spinach and half the parmesan. If using, add cooked sausages. Stir. Let cook until completely wilted. About 3-4 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Add drained, cooked noodles to the sauce and stir.
- Remove from heat and top with remaining parmesan.
- Serve with some nice crunchy vegan garlic bread.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!