Perfectly fried vegan strawberry cream filled donuts are stuffed with a delicious strawberry buttercream filling. You’ll be amazed at how good they are!
One bite into these fried vegan strawberry cream filled donuts and you will instantly know that you can be vegan forever.
Yup, they are that good.
Not only are they good though, but they are actually insanely easy to make too.
These fried vegan donuts are so simple and satisfy every craving you may be missing from your favorite store.
These vegan doughnuts are soft and almost melt in your mouth. They are completely:
- vegan/plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
For awhile now we have been asked to create fried version of our baked glazed vegan donuts and now it’s finally here.
Once you have your dough proofed, it takes just minutes to fry these up and you will be so happy that maybe you’ll even do a little dance!
The cream filling only takes minutes!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need to make Fried Vegan Strawberry Cream Filled Donuts?
This recipe uses our vegan everything dough in order to make the dough part and then a simple vegan strawberry frosting to stuff inside.
Full ingredient amounts listed in the printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Instant yeast
- Dairy Free Milk (we like Oat) – you can also sub for water if needed
- Maple Syrup (can also use agave or vegan cane sugar)
- Vegan Strawberry Frosting Recipe
That’s it! That’s all you need for the perfect fried vegan donuts.
What’s the easiest way to fill vegan cream filled donuts?
The easiest way to fill a vegan donut is to use the end of a chopstick or a small metal funnel tip. Move it around to break up the dough inside.
Then use the tip or a rough piping tip with piping bag to fill the donuts. Pull out as you fill until it’s no longer inserted.
How can I fill vegan donuts without a piping tip?
It’s not as easy, but it is possible.
- You could tip a small tip off a zipped sandwich bag and try your best to get it directly into the hole
- Another option would be to use a straw inside a sandwich bag like a piping tip
Can I make these vegan donuts Top 8 Allergen friendly?
There is flour, dairy free milk, and coconut milk in this recipe. If you are completely Top 8 Free, use an alternative dairy free milk like oat or hemp for this recipe. You could also use water.
For the coconut milk in the frosting, we would just recommend finding a strawberry frosting suitable to your allergens.
We cannot recommend a gluten free flour to use with this dough at this time.
How long are Strawberry Fried Vegan Donuts good for?
These fried vegan strawberry doughnuts will last for up to 2 days when stored in an air tight container.
Best if warmed for 10-15 seconds if not eating immediately.
They can be stored at room temperature and do not need to be refrigerated.
What other vegan breakfast recipes should I try?
Once you try these delicious vegan donuts, you may be looking for other amazing vegan breakfast ideas that you should try.
Otherwise, here’s some both sweet and savory dairy free breakfast ideas.
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- Super Soft Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Perfect Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits
- Dairy Free French Toast
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
All the recipes above are vegan, dairy free, and egg free. Some can be made Top 8 Allergy Friendly.
Pin these vegan strawberry cream filled donuts for later:
Vegan Strawberry Cream Filled Donuts
For the dough
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups flour (we prefer bread, can use all-purpose or whole wheat)
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free milk (we like oat – can use any non-strongly flavored dairy free milk or even water if needed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (can sub for agave or vegan cane sugar)
For the strawberry frosting
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree, see instructions (about 2-3 large strawberries)
- 4 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter, COLD
- 1 1/2 tsp strawberry extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
- Then, add in the dairy free milk and maple syrup.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl. *If you are oil free, then just make sure sides of bowl are floured, or use a silicone bowl to easily get it out
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to be about a quarter of an inch thick. Then using a donut cutter or a 3" biscuit cutter, cut out your donut shapes.
- If using a biscuit cutter, find a smaller cap or lid to cut out a center for your donut.
- **Since we are stuffing these do not cut a hole in the middle.
- Fold dough back up and then roll out again to cut out more dough until no more exists.
- Place each cut out on a baking sheet and then cover and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil up to 330-350 degree F.
- Fry for about 30-45 seconds or until golden brown on each side.
- Carefully remove donuts from hot oil and place on a cooling rack with a sheet pan under it to catch the oil or a towel lined plate.
- Repeat until all donuts are cooled.
For the Frosting
- While waiting for donuts to cool, make your strawberry filling.
- Make strawberry puree by blending the fresh strawberries into a food processor or mixer. Blend until small bits remain.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dairy free butter. *Butter needs to be cold for this to work well. Cream the butter just until it starts to break apart.
- Add in half the powdered sugar and beat again.
- Add in strawberry puree and extract. Beat again.
- Add in the remaining powdered sugar and blend again until well combined.
- Use a piping bag and a narrow piping tip fill the inside of the doughnut, pulling back as it fills until it's out. Repeat with all doughnuts.
- Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature and store in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!