Whether you need a quick on the go breakfast idea or want to recreate your favorite bakery classic, these vegan strawberry muffins are an absolute must in your recipe collection.
We are so excited to share this easy vegan strawberry muffin idea.
So many people don’t realize is actually really easy to make strawberry muffins allergy friendly.
These vegan strawberry muffins do not contain any dairy or egg products, so they are great for a variety of lifestyles.
The best part about these strawberry muffins with crumb toppings is that they genuinely taste similar to bakery style ones and with a really simple hack, they can look like them too!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What is the key to making the vegan strawberry muffins look like bakery style muffins?
We really want to give the bakery feel to these vegan strawberry muffins. We believe that no matter dietary needs or preferences, everyone should be able to enjoy high quality food. We tested these strawberry muffins with and without regular wrappers and both of those, the dairy free blueberry muffins just kind of spill out over the top.
The key to get the taller, fluffier, perfect bakery style vegan strawberry muffins is using these tulip muffin liners. They fit in a regular muffin tin, but help keep all the ingredients into, making them absolutely perfect.
Can these be Top 8 Allergen Friendly Strawberry Muffins?
These vegan strawberry muffins use both wheat and almond milk in the recipe as we have it written. However, you can swap out the almond milk for any dairy free milk of choice. Also, you can try to make them with gluten free cup for cup flour. The King Arthur cup for cup is our favorite!
Can I make these into mini vegan strawberry muffins?
You can absolutely make these mini dairy free strawberry muffins. You just need to follow the directions and fill mini muffin tins instead of regular size. Likewise, you could make extra large muffins with this recipe.
What are other dairy free muffins ideas that I should try?
Once you try these vegan strawberry muffins, you may want to learn what are some other options. All of these dairy free muffins listed below are vegan, so they are also egg free and many are gluten free.
- Vegan Apple Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Pin these vegan strawberry muffins for later:
Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, scant (*or other dairy free milk)
- 2 cups flour (*see post for GF)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced (fresh or frozen – if frozen thaw before using)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or vegan chocolate chips OPTIONAL
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, add the vinegar. Fill the remaining cup with almond milk. This makes buttermilk, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add both sugars and butter. Cream together on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in the buttermilk and vanilla. Beat together just until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together with a spatula.
- Fold in the strawberries and any optional ingredients.
- Fill tins 3/4 of the way full.
- Add optional crumble topping if including (see directions below).
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes, then reduce to 375 for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Crumble Topping, Optional
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add in the melted butter and stir to combine. Sprinkle on top before going into the oven.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!