These vegan cranberry orange muffins are an absolute must in your vegan fall recipe collection. Super easy to make and a great prep ahead vegan breakfast.
Fresh cranberries can be tart, but when paired with something acidic and sweet, they are one of the most perfect combination. These vegan cranberry orange muffins are the perfect way to use up fresh cranberries!
It is insanely easy to make vegan cranberry orange muffins completely allergen friendly which means they are great no matter who you need to serve them.
One of the best parts about these vegan cranberry orange muffins is the optional (but highly recommended) crumb topping making them taste even more similar to bakery style ones and with a really simple hack, they can look like them too!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the key to making the vegan cranberry orange muffins look like bakery style muffins?
If you really want to give the bakery feel to these vegan cranberry orange muffins we have a tip!
The key to get the taller, fluffier, perfect bakery style vegan muffins is using these tulip muffin liners. They fit in a regular muffin tin, but help keep all the ingredients into, making them absolutely perfect.
Can these be Top 8 Allergen Friendly Cranberry Orange Muffins?
These vegan muffins use both wheat in the recipe as we have it written.
However, you can try to make them with gluten free cup for cup flour. The King Arthur cup for cup is our favorite!
Can I make these into mini vegan cranberry muffins?
You can absolutely make these mini muffins. You just need to follow the directions and fill mini muffin tins instead of regular size. Reduced the cooking time to 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Likewise, you could make extra large muffins with this recipe.
What are other vegan muffins ideas that I should try?
Once you try these vegan strawberry muffins, you may want to learn what are some other options. All of these dairy free muffins listed below are vegan, so they are also egg free and many are gluten free.
- Vegan Apple Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Pin these vegan cranberry orange muffins for later:
Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins
- ⅔ cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups fresh whole cranberries
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup neutral oil (canola or coconut), melted
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 zest from orange
- 2 cups flour (*see post for GF)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins or line them with paper liners.
- In a ⅔ cup measuring cup, add the vinegar. Fill the remaining cup with dairy free milk. This makes vegan buttermilk, set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the fresh cranberries until small, but do not puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, oil, orange juice, vanilla and zest.
- Add in the buttermilk. Beat together just until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine with a spatula just until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts if adding. Do not overmix.
- Fill tins ¾ of the way full.
- Add optional crumble topping if including (see directions below).
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes, then reduce to 375 for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Crumble Topping, Optional
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add in cut vegan butter and combine with a fork until a sand like texture. Do not overmix. Sprinkle on top before going into the oven.