This creamy vegan zucchini pasta with sweet corn is an amazing vegan late summer pasta with fresh garden vegetables! You’ll love how fast it comes together!
It’s no secret. We love pasta. Veganizing pastas is one of our favorite things to do. This Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn is no exception.
So often people assume that creamy + vegan can’t go together. However, if you’ve seen some of our other recipes, then you definitely know we are all about delicious creamy vegan recipes!
Most people hear zucchini pasta and think that means the actual pasta noodles are zucchini (zoodles); however, we are keeping traditional pasta and adding in the zucchini.
In season fresh zucchini paired with sweet corn cut right off the cob will elevate this recipe to an entirely different world! You’ll love how simple and easy this recipe is!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn:
- spaghetti noodles – we love the long noodles here and how it takes on the sauce and pairs well with the dish
- vegan butter – this gives richness and creaminess to the dish that can’t be beat
- yellow onion and garlic – using both for the aromatics of the dish, the base of onions and garlic are absolutely perfect inside this recipe
- zucchini – We absolutely love in season zucchini fresh out of the garden or from a local farm stand. If you’ve ever had a garden, you know it’s pretty easy to grow you own, but then what do you do with it? This makes a great kid friendly dish
- sweet corn – again if you used fresh corn (off the cob) in the recipe, it will just make it even more flavorful and the perfect late summer vegan pasta idea
- vegan parmesan -our favorite is the Violife brand when it comes to vegan parm
- canned coconut milk – the thickness of canned coconut milk gives a creaminess that usually people get from heavy cream
- vegetable stock – we don’t want the coconut flavor to be overwhelming, so we do a mixture of the coconut milk and vegetable stock. The two combined with each other are great this recipe
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- spaghetti noodles – any pasta can be used! We love long noodles like fettuccine in here too, but something like penne or rotini would also work
- vegan butter – we highly recommend the vegan butter for the richness, but you could sub it out for other neutral oils or vegetable stock if you don’t do oil
- yellow onion – sweet onion could also be used
- sweet corn – you can use fresh yellow corn as well as canned corn (drained and rinsed)
- vegan parmesan – you can’t beat vegan parmesan but you could try with another vegan cheese as well
- canned coconut milk – any thick vegan milk like the extra creamy oat milk if needed
- Other vegetables: feel free to add in other fresh seasonal vegetables as desired
Frequently Asked Questions:
The ingredients that we need to look at here are the pasta, vegan butter, coconut milk, and vegan parmesan.
To start, you want to use a gluten free pasta. There are so many choices available now, so just use the one that you like the best.
For the vegan butter, ensure that it is soy free. We prefer earth balance soy free when it comes to this. It comes in a red tub.
Then, we have coconut milk. While it makes the dish creamier, you can swap it with other dairy free milks. We’d suggest oat milk for this because it’s creamier.
And then we have the vegan parmesan cheese. We are use Violife in this recipe, which does contain coconut oil, but no other allergens. If you have a coconut allergen, you can use Follow Your Heart parmesan.
We also have a vegan parmesan on our site that you can make with sunflower seeds; however, it doesn’t melt well which is why we recommend using one of the store bought brands.
You can just add more vegetable stock in the beginning. It will change the taste and not be as rich, but if you are used to being oil free then you will likely not mind.
We are using spaghetti in the photos and we’ve also made with linguine; however, you don’t only have to use either in this recipe.
It does do well with tubular shaped pasta, like penne, and even ones like rotini or shells that can pick up and hold onto all the sauce. Whatever you have on hand will work perfectly.
Yes! We’d recommend letting this cool completely and then storing in an air tight container for up to 5 days. If you meal prep you can split this up into individual containers.
You may want to or feel like you need a splash or two of dairy free milk when reheating.
WHAT SIDES TO SERVE WITH THIS VEGAN CREAMY PASTA DISH?
There are endless possibilities but a side salad and some bread are great starting points.
Here’s some bread ideas:
- Vegan Italian Cheesy Bread Rolls
- Vegan Garlic Bread
- Easy Vegan Dinner Rolls
- Vegan Garlic Knots (shown above)
What other vegan pasta dishes could I make?
- Vegan Crispy Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Asparagus Pasta
- The Best Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Pumpkin Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach (photoed above)
- The Best Vegan Lasagna
- Vegan Alfredo
- Vegan Cheesy Hamburger Helper Skillet
- Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Carbonara
- Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Chickpea Pasta
Pin this creamy vegan zucchini pasta for later!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!
Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Sweet Corn
- 10 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, grated (do not drain) (up to 1.5lbs works)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup vegan parmesan, finely grated
- 1 cup sweet corn, cut off the cob (or canned)
- 1 cup canned coconut cream (or other thick vegan milk*)
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package (do not overcook). Drain immediately.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, melt vegan butter. Add onions and stir. Saute until translucent about 3 minutes. Then add garlic, stir and cook 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Add in the zucchini, salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until it reduces in volume by about half.
- Add in vegan Parm, corn, coconut cream and veggie stock. Let come to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Let it reduce and thicken about 4-5 minutes.
- Add pasta into the sauce and stir together well for another 2-3 minutes. The sauce will have thickened up a bit more and should be coating the pasta. If the sauce gets too thick, add a bit more broth.
- Serve with more Parm, basil, salt/pepper to taste.
Did you make this? ★★★★★ Leave a 5-star rating below ★★★★★