This Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Chickpea Pasta is such a comfort food! Easy to make and comes together quickly! Just 20 minutes!
When you think of comfort food dishes, pasta is usually pretty high up there. Often times, it’s mac n’ cheese or alfredo type of dishes. However, this vegan creamy broccoli and chickpea pasta is about to be a new favorite.
It’s funny to me how many people think they have to give up creamy pasta dishes when they are dairy free or vegan. Just because you fall into one of these two categories does not mean the end of the creamy delicious pasta sauces for you. No sir (or ma’am).
In fact, it’s insanely easy to make a creamy based sauce that is completely vegan and still super simple to make.
What’s even better is that this meal can be completely gluten free and Top 8 Allergen Friendly very easily!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
What ingredients do I need to make this creamy vegan pasta?
- Vegan butter
- Sweet onion
- Chickpea flour
- Dairy free milk
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Smoked paprika
How do you make vegan creamy broccoli and chickpea pasta?
This vegan pasta dish is so easy to make.
First, you’re going to start bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil and chopping up the broccoli, onion, and garlic.
Once your water begins to boil, add your pasta and broccoli florets to the water. Cook 7-9 minutes or according to the packaged directions.
In a separate sauce pan, heat your butter in a large skillet. Add in your onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they start to become translucent. Then, add in your garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Sprinkle the chickpea flour over top and add in your salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and smoke paprika. Stir to combine. Next, add in your dairy free milk and vegan parmesan cheese. Stir together. Let cook for 3 minutes.
Drain your pasta and broccoli well and add to skillet. Add in the chickpeas. Stir everything together.
Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Can I prep this creamy vegan pasta ahead of time?
This creamy vegan pasta dish is best served warm right after making it. However, you can re-heat if needed.
Since it only takes about 20 minutes to make, your best bet would be to have all your vegetables (onion, garlic, broccoli) prepped and ready to go ahead of time and then it would take until 15 minutes to make this dish.
Can this be Top 8 Allergy creamy vegan broccoli and chickpea pasta?
Yes! Quite easily actually!
Use a gluten free pasta, like chickpea or lentil pasta in order to make this gluten free.
You will want to use a soy free butter like Earth Balance soy free in the red tub. And also make sure that you use a Top 8 Allergy Free milk like oat, flax, or hemp.
Lastly, when making the homemade parmesan cheese, make the sunflower seed version so there’s no nuts.
If you ensure you are using these swaps, then this will be a completely Top 8 Allergen Friendly meal.
WHAT ARE OTHER VEGAN PASTA DISHES I SHOULD TRY?
Pasta is one of the best comfort foods. It can easily be switched up with gluten free pasta! There are so many options today!
Some of our favorite vegan pasta dishes besides this amazing vegan lasagna are:
Pin this vegan creamy broccoli and chickpea pasta for later:
Vegan Creamy Broccoli and Chickpea Pasta
- 12 oz pasta (use Gluten Free if needed)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size pieces (just the florets)
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1-2 cups dairy free milk
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Chop vegetables.
- When water begins to boil, add pasta and broccoli florets. Cook 7-9 minutes or according to the packaged directions.
- In a separate large sauce pan, heat butter.
- Once melted, add in onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they start to become translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle the chickpea flour over top, along with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add in dairy free milk and vegan parmesan cheese. Stir together. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli well and add to skillet.
- Add in the chickpeas.
- Stir everything together.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.