This easy vegan broccoli and hummus pasta is a delicious meal made mostly of ingredients from your pantry! Only 15 minutes to make and can be Top 8 Allergen Free.
You should not have to struggle to figure out dinner all the time. It’s daunting and can even be annoying. Insert: Vegan broccoli and hummus pasta.
This dish is so dang simple, you only need 15 minutes and you could even make it faster if you use pre-made hummus.
It’s versatile and you can really switch things up to make it a go to on those nights where dinner seems like out of your reach but you really want to cook at home.
Change up the vegetables or the flavor of hummus. the options are really endless.
It’s also a great meal for kids to learn how to make their own meals.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do you need for vegan broccoli and hummus pasta?
Would you believe me if I told you that you only need 8 ingredients for this entire dish!?
Full amounts in the printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need are:
- pasta (we use rotini – use gluten free if needed)
- broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- canned chickpeas
- fresh lemon juice
Do I have to use broccoli?
No! We love broccoli in this dish; however, you could switch it up with peas, asparagus, zucchini and more.
How do you make vegan broccoli and hummus pasta?
Start to bring an oiled and salted pot of water to a boil.
While waiting for it to boil, cut your broccoli florets and stems into bite size pieces.
When water starts to boil, add your stems and cook for a minute. Then, add in the uncooked pasta and broccoli florets. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
While cooking, add the hummus ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down as necessary.
Before draining the pasta, take 1 cup of water out of it and slowly drizzle it into your food processor to make the hummus more saucy.
Drain pasta completely and toss with the hummus sauce.
Top with salt and pepper if desired.
Optional: add in warmed chickpeas to it.
Can I make this vegan broccoli and hummus pasta Top 8 Allergen Free?
As long as you use gluten free pasta, this dish is Top 8 Allergen Free.
Can I prep this vegan broccoli and hummus pasta ahead of time?
The hummus will thicken up, so if you are prepping ahead then you may want to reserve a bit more pasta water when you are ready to heat up.
Otherwise, this dish, if stored in an air tight container will last 4-5 days in the fridge.
WHAT ARE OTHER VEGAN DINNER IDEAS I SHOULD TRY?
If you love this easy dairy free dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other dairy free dinner ideas we have. Here are some ideas we have (all are vegan):
- Chorizo Vegan Burritos
- Dairy Free Taco Casserole
- Dairy Free Pizza
- Vegan Italian Meatballs
- Dairy Free Alfredo
- Dairy Free Nachos
- Easy Dairy Free Spinach & Walnut Pesto
Pin this vegan broccoli and hummus pasta for later:
Vegan Broccoli and Hummus Pasta
- 1/2 lb pasta (gluten free if needed)
- 1 head broccoli (stems and florets)
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Start to bring an oiled and salted (optional) pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting for it to boil, cut broccoli florets and stems into bite size pieces.
- When water starts to boil, add stems and cook for a minute.
- Add in uncooked pasta and broccoli florets. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While cooking, add the hummus ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down as necessary.
- Before draining the pasta, take 1 cup of water out of it and slowly drizzle it into food processor to make the hummus more saucy.
- Drain pasta completely and toss with the hummus sauce.
- Top with salt and pepper if desired.
- Optional: add in warmed chickpeas to it.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!