These vegan TVP meatballs are easy to make and taste absolutely delicious! Perfect for spaghetti, subs, and more!
Vegan TVP meatballs may sound like an oxymoron, but it’s not. And I’m going to venture to say that this plant based meatball recipe is actually one of the best you’ve ever tried.
We are sure that both carnivores and plant based eaters alike will love these vegan tvp meatballs.
These vegan TVP meatballs are going to be a hit whether you are serving yourself, your family, or a crowd. The recipe can be adapted to double or triple depending on how many people you are feeding. The key points of these dairy free meatballs are:
- dairy free
- egg free
- completely vegan
- can be Top 8 Allergy Friendly
- including being gluten free if needed with one quick swap
With all that, these will become known as the best vegan meatballs you’ve made at home!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make these Vegan TVP Meatballs Top 8 Allergen Free?
The basis behind these is TVP which is soy based, so unfortunately they can’t be Top 8 Free.
However, you could make them free of the remaining 7 top allergens by just swapping the breadcrumbs for a gluten free version and the soy sauce for something safe for your allergens.
If you need it to be Top 8 Free we recommend that you make our Vegan Italian Meatballs.
Can I double the recipe for vegan TVP meatballs?
Yes. No matter how many you need, you can double or triple (or more) this recipe to meet your needs.
Can I prep vegan TVP meatballs ahead of time?
Yes! Once they are made, let them cool completely before placing in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
WHAT SIDES TO SERVE WITH THIS VEGAN MEATBALLS?
There are endless possibilities but a side salad and some bread are great starting points.
Here’s some bread ideas:
Vegan TVP Meatballs
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley roughly chopped (about 3-4 big leaves or 6-8 smaller ones)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or alternative)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5 tbsp panko bread crumbs (use GF crumbs if needed)
- 2 tbsp oat flour (other flours work)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small sauce pan bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add TVP to a bowl and pour boiling stock over the TVP. Cover and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes until completely soaked up.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the TVP. Using a handheld mixer, mix evenly until it can stick together. Add extra breadcrumbs 1 tbsp at a time if needed to help bring together if needed.
- Using a 1 tbsp scoop, scoop out mixture and shape into a ball.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 mins until browned.Alternatively – cook at 400 degrees F in an air fryer for 10-15 minutes. Or add a few tablespoons of oil to a skillet over medium, then fry for 5-8 minutes, or until all sides are browned.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!