This unique and flavorful vegan Peach BBQ sauce recipe will be your new summer favorite sauce or even dip! Easy to meal prep, gluten free and can be Top 8 Allergy Friendly!
Peaches in season are so juicy and so flavorful. They work well obviously in things like cake or pies; however, they are also great for savory recipes and dishes like this easy vegan peach BBQ sauce.
You can use this peach BBQ sauce to dip in fries or onion rings, spread over your vegan burgers or cauliflower and so much more. No matter how you use it, it will be delicious. Shoot, we won’t even blame you if you lick it off the spoon!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
VEGAN PEACH BBQ SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this recipe:
- Peaches – You can use either in season (fresh, super juicy) peaches for the best results; however, if you can’t get those or it’s not in season then the best thing to do is use frozen peaches since they are picked at optimal freshness. Getting peaches out of season will lead to a less flavorful and less juicy vegan peach bbq sauce.
- Habanero – This is added to give this a kick. If you don’t like spicy things then just omit. We add this in whole and then remove before blending, so if you’d like it even spicier, you can cut in halve first and then remove or add some when blending.
- Ketchup – The base of most BBQ sauces is ketchup, tomato paste, or tomatoes. We are using ketchup here for its ease of use.
- Spices – From the garlic and vegan Worcestershire sauce to the maple syrup and the dry spice powders, each one of these things has been picked for the flavorful it will give this sauce. They are a unique combination of ingredients that leads to an absolutely delicious sauce.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- Fruit – You could try swapping this peaches for nectarines as the next closest thing. But also try other stone fruits like cherries, apricots, or plums.
- Peppers – First, if you don’t like spicy at all, then omit the pepper entirely. The habanero does give a kick to the sauce, but it’s not extra spicy. You could also swap this for a different pepper like jalapeno, scotch bonnet, and more.
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce – We understand that not everyone has this or can even find it. Most steak sauces are vegan, cheaper, and have a similar flavor profile so we’d recommend using that if you don’t have the Worcestershire sauce.
WHERE CAN YOU BUY VEGAN WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE?
We have started to finally find vegan Worcestershire in our local stores, but before that we found on Amazon (click the link) or Thrive Market. We used the Annie’s brand for this particular recipe.
If you are not vegan and only dairy free, you can use a regular Worcestershire sauce.
Can I make this Top 8 allergy friendly vegan peach BBQ sauce?
As the recipe is written, there is soy and wheat in the recipe via the Worcestershire sauce.
You could also purchase a gluten free version of the worcestershire sauce. Alternatively, you could use a steak sauce (most are vegan) like A1 that does not usually contain Top 8 Allergens.
Can I prep this vegetarian BBQ Sauce ahead of time?
Absolutely. This vegan BBQ sauce recipe can be made up to 3 weeks in advance. If making to store, it needs to be kept in an air tight container in the refrigerator until used.
What other vegan BBQ sauces can I make?
What could I put this easy vegan peach BBQ sauce on?
- as a sauce for these high protein vegan burgers
- dip for your vegan nuggets
- dip onion rings or tater tots into
- pour oven seitan (or baked or grilled tofu)
- Make a veggie wrap and use as a dipping sauce
- Use as a sauce or dip for vegetables like grilled or roasted cauliflower
- Use as a pizza sauce
- and so many more! How would you use?
Pin this Vegan Peach BBQ Sauce for later!
Vegan Peach BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb peaches fresh (in season) or frozen (thawed)
- 1 whole habanero (NOT CUT)
- 1 cup ketchup (use low sodium to reduce sodium level)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Add all ingredients for peach BBQ sauce to a medium pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove BBQ sauce from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Discard the whole habanero pepper. Add remaining sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Lasts for up to 3 weeks. Makes 2 cups.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!