If you love creamsicle flavors, then these easy vegan orange rolls are going to be your new favorite sweet rolls! Soft, fluffy, and topped with vegan orange cream cheese frosting.
These absolutely amazing vegan orange rolls are going to be a hit whether you serve them for breakfast or even a desserts!
They literally taste like a soft, fluffy creamsicle which makes them perfect as the weather is cooling down and you still want that delicious taste.
Often, they are served for special occasions, like holiday morning breakfasts or brunches. Especially if someone in your family made them homemade. It was usually a special treat.
With this easy vegan orange cinnamon rolls, you can do the same memory making with your own family and friends.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN ORANGE ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN ORANGE ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Unfortunately, at the time, we cannot recommend using a gluten free flour with this recipe. Please know that we are working on a gluten free dough, but it’s just not quite there yet.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (like we said Oat is our favorite) then you will be all set.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can!
If you are looking for other cinnamon roll ideas, we have a few more that are amazing.
Pin these vegan orange rolls for later:
Vegan Orange Rolls
For the Dough
For the Filling
For the Orange Glaze
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese, softened (Wayfare is our favorite brand)
- ¼ cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon orange extract (or same amount of orange zest)
- 1-2 tablespoon orange juice
- In a large bowl for a stand mixer, combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Turn stand mixer onto low and add in the dairy free milk, orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Add in the vegan butter and let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is ¼″ thick.
- For the filling – In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar, zest, and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Glaze
- While rolls are cooking, in a bowl beat together the cream cheese and butter well.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix again.
- Add in orange extract and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Combine.
- Add remaining tablespoon of orange juice if desired for a thinner consistency.
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before topping with glaze.
- Best served warm.