Vegan Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnamon Butter Cream Cheese frosting are the combo of your holiday dreams. Soft, fluffy perfection.
Gingerbread cookies are a must make for the holidays, but one of the best things is using the same flavor profile to make even more deliciousness. And that is everything what you will get when you make these vegan gingerbread cinnamon rolls.
We pair them with a luscious vegan cinnamon butter cream cheese frosting and whether you serve these for breakfast or dessert they are going to be a holiday favorite.
If you do gingerbread decorating around your house, we have to admit that these would be a wonderful addition to the day. A real treat if you would.
The combination together is a huge win!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN GINGERBREAD CINNAMON ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN GINGERBREAD CINNAMON ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
We have to say that we have not tried making these gluten free; however, we do have vegan gluten free cinnamon rolls and you could flavor that recipe for the dough and then just make for the filling in the recipe what it says below. Get our vegan gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (Oat is our favorite) and a soy free butter (try Earth Balance soy free in the red tub) then you will be all set.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can! We have dozens of flavors of cinnamon rolls now. We even have savory roll versions if you like things not so sweet.
Or, if you want, to see all our vegan cinnamon roll ideas.
Pin these vegan gingerbread cinnamon rolls for later:
Vegan Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
For the Gingerbread Sugar Filling
- In a large bowl for a stand mixer, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, yeast, ginger and salt.
- Turn stand mixer onto low and add in the dairy free milk, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Add in the vegan butter and let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once dough is doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
- For the filling – In a bowl, cream the butter. Then, add brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover to rise for 45-60 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are touching.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Vegan Cinnamon Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- While rolls are cooking, in a bowl beat together the cream cheese and butter well.
- Add in 1 cup powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat again.
- Add in remaining powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before topping with frosting.
- Best served warm.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!