These vegan double chocolate muffins are so soft and fluffy! They are great for a quick on the go breakfast and a must in your breakfast collection.
If you love bakery style muffins, then you are going to love these vegan double chocolate muffins.
Don’t get us wrong, our vegan blueberry muffins are insanely delicious and a classic bakery staple. But these double chocolate muffins are something just remarkable.
Who doesn’t love chocolate!?
I mean what’s not to love.
Seriously, you will think that you just walked out of a bakery after you sink your teeth into these delicious muffins.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the key to making vegan chocolate chip muffins look like bakery style muffins?
We decided to make these look like normal muffins; however, if you saw our vegan blueberry muffins and want to make them tall with a fancier paper liner, just like at the bakery, then keep reading.
The key to get the taller, fluffier, perfect bakery style vegan chocolate chip muffins is using these tulip muffin liners. They fit in a regular muffin tin, but help keep all the ingredients in, making them absolutely perfect.
Can these be Top 8 Allergen Friendly Double Chocolate Muffins?
These vegan double chocolate muffins use wheat and dairy free milk.
You can use any dairy free milk of choice, so just make sure it’s one that suits your allergens.
Also, you can make them with gluten free measure for measure flour. This specific King Arthur gluten free flour is our favorite!
Can I make these into mini dairy free double chocolate muffins?
You can absolutely make these mini dairy free chocolate chip muffins. You just need to follow the directions and fill mini muffin tins instead of regular size.
Likewise, you could make extra large muffins with this recipe too.
For mini muffins you will reduce the cooking time and if you make larger muffins, you may need to increase the time.
What are other vegan muffins ideas that I should try?
Once you try these vegan chocolate chip muffins, you may want to learn what are some other options. We gathered some ideas from our friends. All of these dairy free muffins listed below are vegan, so they are also egg free and many are gluten free.
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Maple Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- Vegan Apple Muffins
Pin these vegan double chocolate muffins for later!
The Best Vegan Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup dairy free milk
- 2 cups flour (use gluten free 1:1 blend if needed)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup vegan cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup oil (vegetable or coconut)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 oz dairy free yogurt (use like dairy free Oui)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz vegan chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan or place liners into each cup.
- Add apple cider vinegar to a cup and then ⅔ cup vegan milk. Let sit for 10 minutes.*This makes vegan buttermilk.
- To a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and stir.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla and the buttermilk you sat aside.
- Add wet ingredients and blend just until combined again, careful not to over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups up ¾ of the way full of batter and then place in the oven.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 8 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. *Do not open oven when reducing temperature.