This easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Quick Bread soft, moist, the perfect balance of sweet and chocolate. You’ll love how simple this recipe is!
Quick breads are popular for a reason. And that’s because they are quick. I mean who doesn’t love an easy recipe? This vegan chocolate chip quick bread is everything you love about quick breads and more.
This recipe is insanely easy to make. It only needs 10 ingredients. And is ready in just about an hour. And there’s chocolate.
Seriously, what’s not to love about chocolate. Well, I mean if you are vegan I guess a lot. But let’s re-focus.
This recipe is so soft it almost melts in your mouth and truly we just can’t get enough of it!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP QUICK BREAD INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this chocolate vegan zucchini braed.
- Flour – We are using all purpose flour for this recipe
- Dairy Free Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar– When combined, these two ingredients mimic buttermilk which is the flavor that we want in this recipe.
- Vegan sugar– We add a little sugar since these are supposed to be sweet biscuits. If you want to learn more about why your sugar may not be vegan, you can learn more by clicking on the link.
- Baking powder and Soda– This is helping us get the rise we need from the flour when baking and the baking soda is helping in that as well
- Vanilla – helps to enhance the flavor
- Applesauce – Our egg replacer for the recipe
- salt– do not omit here, the salt helps to tighten the gluten strains, but also really brings the flavor out
- chocolate chips – We love adding Enjoy Life minis for this recipe
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- Flour – Can use gluten free 1:1 flour blend
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Replace with white vinegar or lemon juice
- Vegan sugar– Date Sugar or Coconut sugar (granulated versions) will work
- Applesauce – You can sub with 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax, mixed with 3 tbsp water), or sub the same amount of banana, pumpkin or sweet potato puree, or non-dairy yogurt. Some of these may alter taste and texture.
- chocolate chips – Try vegan white chocolate chips or dried fruit variations
Frequently Asked Questions:
Wheat (flour) – We have found that King Arthur’s Measure for Measure flour works best when switching out a gluten flour. Please note they also have a gluten free all purpose flour that is not the same.
Also make sure to use a Top 9 Free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life).
YES! Make recipe and let cool completely. Then store in a bread or cake stand for 3-5 days.
Yes! Let cool completely, then store in an air tight bag or container for up to 3 months.
What are other dairy free breakfast ideas that are great for on the go?
This vegan chocolate zucchini bread is great for on the go morning. Once you make it, you can grab a slice or two and head out the door. Here’s a few other vegan (dairy + egg free) breakfast ideas that are great on the go:
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- Super Soft Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Glazed Vegan Donuts
- Vegan Chocolate Donuts
- Perfect Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Pin this Vegan Chocolate Chip Quick Bread for later!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Quick Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bread loaf pan (or use parchment paper).
- In a medium size bowl, combine the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar together. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- To a separate large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk together well.
- Add cane sugar, applesauce, and vanilla to the milk mixture and combine well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula. Add in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and stir just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Pour into your prepared pan. Top with remaining chips.
- Bake the loaf for 45-50 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool, then cut and serve.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!