This easy Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is going to rock your world. So delicious and made in just one bowl. Can be Top 8 free.
Move over traditional banana bread, there’s a new favorite in town. That’s right: vegan chocolate banana bread is the thing that you’ve been wanting to make, even If you didn’t know it.
Whether you are looking for a delicious vegan breakfast or you want an after school snack, this delicious vegan chocolate banana bread can do all that.
It makes for a great road trip companion too since it can be eaten warmed up or at room temperature.
And while quick breads are usually known for being made in the winter/colder months, there’s nothing that says it can’t be made year round.
So grab those over ripe bananas on the counter and let’s get to work.
In addition to being dairy free and vegan, this banana bread recipe is also:
- Egg Free
- Soy Free
- Has a Nut Free Option (including tree nuts)
- Can be made gluten free
Best of all, it’s one of those delicious recipes that you would never even know it’s a healthy banana bread recipe. You won’t miss any of the ingredients that it’s without.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
What ingredients do you need to make Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread?
In order to make this a vegan banana bread recipe, you’re going to want to start by getting everything prepped and ready to go.
We always recommend having everything sat out and prepared ahead of time, and that’s just as true with this vegan banana bread recipe.
Full ingredient amounts listed in printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need for this dairy free chocolate banana bread recipe are:
- flour (gluten free if making gluten free dairy free banana bread)
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- brown sugar
- vegan cane sugar
- coconut oil
- apple cider vinegar
- sparkling sugar
- chocolate chips or pieces for the top
- Optional: walnuts (don’t include if making nut free dairy free banana bread)
How do you make Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread?
Believe it or not, this dairy free chocolate banana bread is super easy to make.
In fact, all you need is just one bowl to make the entire recipe.
Out with recipes that you need a bunch of bowls and steps, everything for this vegan banana bread recipe is included easily.
In order to make this recipe, you’ll start by mashing the bananas.
Then, mixing all the wet ingredients together into a bowl.
Next, you will sift in the dry ingredients and then fold them into the wet. again.
Finally, when almost all the flour is gone, fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips if you are adding.
Pour the mixture into a greased bread pan and bake.
It’s that simple. Delicious dairy free banana bread!
Can you freeze this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread?
You can absolutely freeze this dairy free banana bread recipe.
We would recommend that you let it cool upon coming out of the oven, then slice the bread into desired size slices.
Afterwards, you can place a small piece of parchment of wax paper between each piece and freeze the loaf.
The reason we recommended freezing the dairy free banana bread recipe in slices is because it will make it easier to thaw by being less time consuming.
You can remove slices as needed and either place on counter to thaw or place in microwave to thaw more quickly.
Of course, you can freeze this vegan banana bread loaf in one whole loaf, but it will take longer to thaw. If doing it this one, remove and set on counter until it comes to room temperature and the middle is no longer frozen.
What other vegan quick bread should I make?
Quick breads are amazing because they need no time to rise and are usually ready in an hour or less.
Here are some other ideas you may want to try:
- Traditional Vegan Banana Bread (no chocolate)
- Vegan Cinnamon Quick Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Fall Favorite: Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Pin this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread recipe for later:
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegan cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted* and hot
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup dairy free milk
- 1 ½ cups flour (cup for cup gluten free if needed)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips or chocolate chunks + more for topping
- ¼ cup Optional: chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease your bread pan.
- In a large bowl, add the peeled bananas and using the back of a fork, mash them well. No large chunks should remain. Try to mash as much as possible.
- To the bananas, add in the sugars, melted coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla, and vegan milk. Whisk together.
- Next, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder. Add in the salt.
- Fold until almost all the flour has been incorporated.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and walnut pieces if you are adding.
- Pour into greased bread pan and tap the bottom of the pan to ensure it’s evenly leveled.
- Top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Place in oven for 45-55 minutes. When done, a toothpick inserted when come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes in pan. Then carefully remove and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.