This easy vegan carrot ginger soup needs just 9 ingredients and comes together so quickly! Can be frozen for meal prepping. Top 8 Allergen And Oil Free Options.
As temperatures drop or colds approach, soup is what most of us turn too. This vegan carrot ginger soup is such a welcomed addition to the normal line up of various soups that are traditionally in rotation.
One of the best parts about this one is how easy it is to make. There are minimal ingredients in it which means prep time and cook time are super easy.
It’s hard when you aren’t feeling well to want to make anything, but sometimes that also means you aren’t able to get to the store. This carrot ginger soup makes it easy to feel like you can throw something together without it being overwhelming.
Not only that, but if you want to serve different courses for a fall meal, say Thanksgiving or a Friendsgiving, then this would be an easy and delicious starter course.
It’s perfect for prepping ahead and the flavors are even better after sitting for a day or two.
This delicious vegan soup is a must try!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make vegan carrot ginger soup Top 8 Allergen Free?
Yes, and easily. The only allergen issue is the vegan butter and you just need to replace that with a soy free vegan butter. Our favorite is Earth Balance. It comes in a red tub.
Can I make vegan carrot ginger soup oil free?
Yes! Swap out the vegan butter for more vegetable stock. It will take away some of the richness to the dish, but it will still be great.
How long is this vegan soup good for?
This soup can be cooled and stored in an air tight container for 5-7 days in the fridge.
Can vegan carrot ginger soup be frozen?
Absolutely! Once completely cooled, you can store it in freezer safe bags or containers for up to 3 months. We like portioning it in individual portions that way it’s easy if just one person wants soup.
What can I serve with vegan carrot ginger soup?
Obviously, it’s good on it’s own, but there’s just something about bread with soup that’s amazing together. Here’s a few ideas:
Also, if you are gluten free you could try something like pepitas or sunflower seeds on top for a nice addition.
What other vegan soup ideas could I make?
Vegan soup is comforting, warming, and filling and there are so many options.
Above is our vegan taco soup, but there’s also:
- vegan broccoli and cheese soup
- vegan butternut squash soup
- vegan lentil soup
- vegan loaded potato soup
- and more!
Get all our vegan soup recipes too! Click the link to view them all.
Pin this vegan carrot ginger soup for later:
Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter (sub for veg stock if oil free)
- 1 large sweet onion (about 1 ½ cups chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (no need to mince)
- 4 cups large carrots, chopped (about 5 large carrots)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- red pepper flakes, optional for topping
- chives or green onions, optional for topping
- vegan garlic bread
- Chop onions, garlic, carrots, and grate ginger.
- Add vegan butter to a large pot over medium heat. Let melt.
- Add chopped onions and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and chopped carrots to the pot and cook about 8 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add in ginger, lemon juice and 3 to 4 cups of vegetable stock depending on desired consistency. Tip: You can start with 3 and then when adding to blender, add remaining cup until desired thick or thinness achieved.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until carrot are soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a high powdered blender with the maple syrup if adding. Do in batches if needed.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve in bowls. Top with red pepper flakes, chives or green onions if desired. Serve with garlic bread.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
Another winning recipe! This carrot-ginger soup is delicious & so easy to make, we’ll definitely be making this again!
Yay! happy it’s a hit! Thanks for taking time to leave a review, we really appreciate it!
I made this soup for dinner tonight and will definitely be making it again, it was delicious.
I added half a cup of dried red lentils with the stock to bulk it up a bit.
Thank you for this recipe xxx
We’re so happy to hear you liked it! Great idea with the lentils. Thanks for taking time out of your day to leave a review. We really appreciate it.
Lovely soup. I added paprika, and lemon thyme seasoning. So tasty. Made the garlic knots, perfect together. Thanks for all the work you two do it’s made being vegan easy! Love from London
We’re so happy to hear you are liking the recipe. Thanks for taking time to leave a review. Have a great week.
You guys are legends. I fell in love with your YT channel but your blog is nearly as awesome! (You know, your great personalities is what I am missing here). I mus say, I appreciate A LOT that you’re so inclusive in terms of all the dietary restrictions and the fact you provide a metric versioneach recipe… this got my heart 😀
Sending you all the love!
P.S. One thing I’d change in this recipe is adding ginger at the end of the cooking process as for me, it looses it’s freshness when boiled for too long 😀 But that’s just my preference 😀 Other than that, a fab fall dish!
Thanks for the feedback! We are working to update all our recipes with metric versions.