This easy no yeast vegan bread recipe needs just 7 ingredients and comes together in minutes. It will become your new favorite bread recipe in a pinch.
Quick breads are popular because you mix a few ingredients together, bake it for a bit and bam, delicious bread. This no yeast vegan bread does just that.
Less than 5 minutes of prep and you have vegan sandwich bread in the oven ready for you to eat in under 45 minutes.
This bread can be used just like you would use any sandwich bread.
One thing to note is that while it is insanely soft and fluffy on the inside, the top of it does get a bit crispy and makes it taste a bit like a biscuit. Nothing wrong with that, just wanted you to know.
We have used it for sandwiches, toast, dipping in soups and so much more.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need to make no yeast vegan bread?
You only need 7 ingredients to make this delicious yeast free vegan bread.
Full amounts listed in the printable recipe card below
- baking powder
- dairy free milk (warm)
- apple cider vinegar, optional
- neutral oil (vegetable, canola)
Why is apple cider vinegar optional?
Apple cider vinegar helps with the rise and the softness of the bread; however, not everyone likes a super soft sandwich bread and so if that’s you, we would recommend omitting it. Otherwise, add it!
What is the best flour to use for vegan everything dough?
We prefer using bread flour for this vegan bread recipe; however, all purpose or wheat flour would also work.
Even a mix of half all-purpose and half whole wheat will work with this recipe.
What is the best milk to use for this dairy free everything dough?
We prefer using oat milk in this recipe because of the consistency and taste.
You can use any non-dairy milk in this recipe. We do recommend that you stay away from strong flavors like coconut, banana, etc.
Can I make no yeast vegan bread Top 8 Allergen Free?
The only ingredient that we need to worry about is the flour as any dairy free milk can be used, so just use one safe for your allergies.
Using a gluten free flour would technically work for this; however it will be more dense and not rise as much.
We have not tested this recipe with gluten free flour, but based on other testing it should work, it would just again be more dense as gluten free flour has a tendency to be.
We have found that King Arthur’s Measure for Measure flour works best when switching out a gluten flour.
How long is no yeast vegan bread good for?
This bread will last 3-5 days if store in an air tight container. After that it has a risk of mold.
Can no yeast vegan bread be frozen?
Yes. This bread can be cooked and cooled, then frozen for up to 3 months.
What other no yeast vegan bread ideas could I make?
What are topping ideas for toast?
In the photo we share:
- almond butter, strawberry jam and chia seeds
- almond butter, sliced bananas, and cinnamon
- vegan cream cheese, grapefruit and drizzled agave
- vegan cream cheese, sliced strawberries, and chopped pistachios
Other ideas we enjoy are:
- mashed avocado and Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute or red pepper flakes
- mashed avocado and sliced tomatoes
- hummus and sliced cucumbers
- pesto and sauted mushrooms
- open faced pizza with pizza sauce and your favorite pizza toppings
Pin this no yeast vegan bread for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
No Yeast Vegan Bread
- 2 1/2 cups dairy free milk, warmed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, optional
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (can sub for vegetable or canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour apple cider vinegar into warmed dairy free milk. Let sit for 5 minutes (this makes vegan buttermilk).
- In a large bowl, add all your dry ingredients. Stir together with a spatula.
- Pour the oil into the buttermilk mixture.
- Make a well in the middle of the bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold until well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour in greased bread pan.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!