This delicious vegan avocado dressing takes just 5 minutes and 10 ingredients to make! A perfectly, creamy dressing that’s good for more than just salad! Top 8 Allergen Free.
Avocados are a staple for so many vegans (and even non-vegans). They are delicious, versatile, and, when in season, can be very cost efficient for many side dishes and condiments. This vegan avocado dressing is one of our favorite ways to make use of avocados.
Making your own dressings at home is great for a variety of reasons. Two of my favorite reasons for making your own homemade vegan dressing is:
- They always taste better because they are more fresh.
- The downside to this is also that means you need to make in smaller batches because it can spoil faster with no additives or preservatives.
- Being able to control the ingredients and using fresh produce yields to a better tasting salad dressing.
- I love being able to know exactly what is in my recipes
No matter your reasoning, this delicious vegan cilantro, lime and avocado dressing will rock your world!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do you need for vegan avocado dressing?
This is one of my favorite vegan salad dressing recipes for the simple fact that it is so easy to make. You only need 10 ingredients and half are spices. Easy peasy! The ingredients that we need are:
- Pink salt
- Avocado oil (can swap for olive – Oil free option below)
- Cayenne pepper
- water (optional)
How do you make vegan avocado dressing?
The simple answer: through everything into a food processor and blend until desired consistency.
The longer answer for how to make a dairy free avocado dressing is:
Cut open the avocado. Discard the seed and scoop out the avocado into your food processor. Add in the zest of 2 limes and the juice of 3.
Peel your garlic and add in the cloves. TIP: No matter how much you love garlic, unless you want a spicy dressing, don’t add more than this. Since we are not cooking the garlic, the spice remains with raw garlic and you need the perfectly balance that 2 cloves gives.
Next, add in your cilantro, stems and all. Followed by the salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne.
Turn your food processor on and add in the oil (keep reading below for oil free). If you want a thinner dressing consistency, the add in water, 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Adjust seasonings as needed and use. Store in fridge for 3-5 days in an air tight container, stirring before use.
Can I make this oil free, vegan avocado dressing?
Yes! We know that many vegans are oil free. While we personally love the slight hint of taste you get from the oil and the consistency it gives, it’s not needed if you are oil free.
If you have a very neutral tasting vegetable stock, you could use that in place, or you can only use water until you get to the consistency you desire. Adjusting the seasonings for the difference if using more water.
How long does this dairy free avocado dressing last?
This vegan avocado dressing lasts in the fridge for 3-5 days. The length of time depends on how ripe your avocados were to start. It’s always best to give your dressing a little stir before using.
You can make a half batch if that is better for your needs.
Can I make this a Top 8 Allergen Free avocado dressing?
The recipe as written is already free of all Top 8 Allergen and more. It’s natural gluten free and only uses fresh produce and spices.
How can I use vegan avocado dressing?
Pour over your salad is the common way to use this. However, you have other options!
Sometimes we will omit the water entirely and sometimes even only use half the oil for a thicker sauce (or maybe dip in this case). We then use it to dip in french fries or onion rings.
You could also use to dip in vegan chicken tender or as a sauce on your favorite burger (which should definitely be our vegan black bean burgers)!
What other vegan salad dressings should I try?
We hope that you love our vegan avocado dressing, but realize that you may want to try other varieties as well. You should also try these vegan dressings recipes:
- The Best Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Vegan Zesty Italian Dressing
- Strawberry Walnut Dressing
Pin this vegan avocado dressing for later:
Vegan Avocado Dressing
- Food Processor
- Cut open the avocado. Discard the seed and scoop out the avocado into your food processor.
- Add in the zest of 2 limes and the juice of all 3.
- Peel your garlic and add in the cloves.
- Add in cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne.
- Turn on food processor and let process for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle in the oil slowly. Let combine well.
- If you want a thinner dressing consistency, the add in water, 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Adjust seasonings as needed and use.
- Store in fridge for 3-5 days in an air tight container, stirring before use.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!