This Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes is the perfect summer meal or side dish. Easy to make and filling!
When the temperature warms up, most people no longer like cooking. That’s where salads come in. This Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes is going to be your new favorite.
It’s ridiculously easy to make but the flavor that comes together from the salad is so good. Using fresh tomatoes and arugula from your garden will only enhance the flavor even more.
You’ll only need six ingredients to bring this together!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes Ingredients:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this vegan arugula salad:
- Arugula : A spicy kick for a leafy green that is packed full of nutrients. It’s a different twist to what is usually used in salads and it’s so delicious to use.
- Parsley : This is such a simple fresh ingredient to use, but it really packs a punch of flavors in this dish.
- Chickpeas : A perfect source of protein that is easy to use and filling
- Cherry Tomatoes : Juicy, and perfect for any salad. If you can use fresh, garden tomatoes, you will be even more in love with this entire dish.
- Vegan Parmesan : Vegan Parmesan adds a salty component to this dish which works to enhance all the overall flavor of the dish
- Avocado : A great source of healthy fats, but also adds a different texture element that really just brings the whole dish together.
SUBSTITUTES AND VARIATIONS:
This vegan salad recipe is really flexible. Below we go over what you can do to help meet your allergen and taste bud needs!
- Greens : We are using arugula for a switch up on what is usually added to salads; however, feel free to swap with spring mix, spinach, iceberg or whatever your favorite greens or green blend is.
- Parsley : Swap with cilantro
- Chickpeas : Feel free to add something like black beans or a different protein source like tofu, or vegan chicken
- Cherry Tomatoes : You can use beefsteak or roma tomatoes as well
- Vegan Parmesan : Swap it out with a vegan feta or mozzarella for a different taste. Or you could even try nutritional yeast.
- Avocado : Try swapping nuts like cashews or almonds for a crunchy, healthy fats alternative
What else can I add?
Feel free to great creative with this. Add in
- seeds like chia seeds or sunflower seeds
- red onions
And any other favorite salad toppings that you can think of! The possibilities are endless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What does arugula taste like?
Arugula has a peppery taste that really works to elevate your salads, especially when combining with foods that are sweet and/or acidic (think apples and tomatoes). Arugula can also taste bitter on its own.
CAN I MAKE THESE TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE VEGAN Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes?
The only Top 8 Allergen in this vegan salad recipe is the vegan parmesan cheese. We use the Violife brand; however, you could make our more crumbly homemade vegan parmesan cheese.
CAN I PREP THIS VEGAN ARUGULA SALAD AHEAD?
This vegan salad only takes minutes to come together, so we don’t find there’s much reason to prep ahead. That being said, you can go ahead and wash off the chickpeas and put them in a separate container and you could cut your cherry tomatoes.
Is arugula salad healthy?
Arugula isn’t it packed with antioxidant. We created this salad to be loaded with healthy nutrients from the greens to protein to healthy fats.
The vegan parmesan cheese is processed, so depending on your health goals you may want to omit or change that option. The only other thing we would say is that depending on what dressing you use, it may raise certain levels (fats, sodium, etc) higher than you may want so look at that.
What other vegan salad ideas could I make?
While we will be working on more greens based salads coming up, here are a few more cold salad recipes that we love
- Easy Vegan Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Italian Vegan Pasta Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Green Bean Salad
Pin this Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes for later!
Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas, Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes
- In a large bowl, add the arugula and parsley and toss together.
- Add in chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, vegan parmesan, salt and pepper and toss again.
- Add avocados to the top and serve with vinaigrette or dressing of choice on the side.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!