This super easy no bake vegan chocolate pie will wow a crowd with little effort. 15 minutes of prep time and then chill for a decadent vegan dessert!
Whether you got invited somewhere last minute, you forgot you were in charge or dessert or you just want something but you don’t want to spend a lot of time, we got you! This easy no bake vegan chocolate pie is so simple to make!
To make it go even faster you can sub the crust recipe for a store bought version and then you are really going to love how easy this is!
This easy vegan chocolate dessert is perfect for get togethers, parties, and more!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
VEGAN NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PIE INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the main ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make these dairy free chocolate pie:
- silken tofu and raw cashews – We are using the combination of these two ingredients because they are light in flavor while helping the recipe thicken up without additional ingredients like flours or starches being added
- dairy free milk – to add smoothness and liquid to the recipe
- vegan chocolate chips – you can use dairy free chocolate chips or bars for this recipe
- vanilla – vanilla helps bring out the flavors of other ingredients in addition to adding it’s own flavor
- espresso powder (optional) – this is completely optional, but espresso powder helps bring out more of the chocolate flavor making this even better
Also for the crust, you’ll need vegan graham crackers, vegan butter, and brown sugar.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
Crust – instead of making a graham cracker crust you could make a vegan pie crust, although you would need a little more time and baking involved in that method. Alternatively to the graham crackers, you could use any hard cookies that are vegan friendly like oreos, crunchy chocolate chip cookies, or vegan vanilla wafers. Lastly, you could use a store bought crust to make this go even faster.
*Note: in the photo is a traditional pie crust; however after shooting the photos, we thought this would be better written as a no bake recipe which is why the recipe below is for a graham cracker crust
We have not tried subbing the tofu and cashews for this recipe but if you need a dessert free of these ingredients we recommend you checking out many of our other vegan dessert recipes that do not include these ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Unfortunately no. We use both tofu and cashews in this recipe and we don’t have substitutions at this time.
Technically you could sub the cashews with another nut or nut butter if you can have them or sunflower seeds, but raw cashews have such a neutral taste that anything you sub with will change the taste.
You can use a gluten free crust if needed to be wheat free. We will create a Top 8 Free Vegan Chocolate Pie at another time.
Yes you can. You will be able to freeze it within 2-3 hours; however, you’ll have to let it come back to room temperature before eating. We highly recommend that you let it chill in the fridge, but it is possible to do it the other way.
Yes, you can prep and store in the fridge up to 3 days ahead of time.
We recommend eating this within 7 days of making it. Make sure to store it in the fridge and covered.
High speed blender means something like a Vitamix or Blendtec. If you don’t have this you can still make this recipe but you will need to soak your cashews first and it may take longer to combine. You could do it this way in any regular blender or even a food processor.
If you are using a high speed blender, there is no reason to soak the cashews first. If you are using a food processor or regular blender, then you will need to either soak your cashews overnight or you can placing them in boiling hot water for 30 minutes to soften.
*Boil the water, then remove from heat and add cashews carefully.
What other vegan no bake ideas could I make?
We also have a few other no bake vegan desserts that is absolutely amazing and some even easier than this recipe!
Here’s a few more ideas:
- No bake vegan peanut butter fudge
- No Bake Vegan Brownies
- No Bake Vegan Smores with Dark Chocolate Mousse
- No Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Cheese
Pin this No Bake Vegan Chocolate Pie for later!
No Bake Vegan Chocolate Pie
- In a 9 inch pie pie add the crushed graham crackers and brown sugar. Stir together. Add melted butter and stir until all crumbs are moistened.
- Using the back of a spoon or a spatula, push the crumbs down on the bottom of the pan and then up the sides evenly.
- Place in fridge while making the pie filling.
- In a high speed blender, add the silken tofu (with water from package), dairy free milk, raw cashews, vanilla and espresso powder if adding. Blend until very well combined.
- While the blender is still running, on low, pour in the melted chocolate. Combine well, stopping to scrap the sides if needed.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and place back in the fridge to chill and set up for 12 hours or overnight.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!