These easy Chipotle Spiced Veggie Burritos are so easy to make and ready in under 20 minutes! A great on the go option!
If you are the type of person that could throw anything into a tortilla wrap and be happy, then you are going to absolutely love these vegan chipotle spiced veggie burritos.
They are the perfect way to use up all that zucchini that either you are growing or your neighbor keeping stuffing in your mailbox!
You have to give it a try!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Why You’ll Love This Dish
- Versatile – It’s so easy to switch up the vegetables or even swap out the sauce in this recipe. Once you have the base of what you want, it’s a great recipe to play around with
- Great for Meal Prep – the ingredients in this are great for prepping ahead and then rolling up in a wrap when you are ready throughout the week
- Allergen Friendly – this recipe is easily top 9 allergen free so it’s perfect for anyone!
Gather your ingredients!
- Veggies – we are using broccoli, onions and zucchini for the veggies in this recipe. The balance of textures between the ingredients really help to make a great mouth feel
- Rice – in a burrito, rice helps to add a grain that will keep you fuller for longer while not breaking the budget
- Chipotle Sauce – you can store bought sauce, but we love using adobo peppers, oil, vinegar, and agave to have an amazing balance of sweet, spicy and salt.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Veggies – swap the broccoli for cauliflower and the zucchini for yellow squash for the easiest substitutions. Also you could use any color onion in this recipe, but note that cooking red onions gives them a grayish hue.
- Rice – rice can be subbed with quinoa, bulgar wheat, farro, and more
- Chipotle Sauce -feel free to use your favorite sauce
- Stretch this meal – Feel free to add even more vegetables like peppers, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, and more. Or even something like mushrooms, avocado (not cooked) and tofu can also be added to stretch.
Step by Step Instructions for chipotle spiced veggie burritos:
Step 1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli pieces.
Step 2. Stir together and allow to sear and cook for a few minutes. Be careful not to burn. Reduce heat if you notice it is burning.
Step 3. Add onions, zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir together.
Step 4. Add in smoked paprika and stir. Allow to cook for a few minutes until broccoli is tender but still has a snap to it. Remove from heat and add basil. Stir together.
Yes. The only thing in this recipe that is a top 9 allergen is sesame seeds. All you have to do is omit them. You can add chia seeds, but at the end, if you’d still like that texture.
Yes. Once cooled, place in a sealed container and in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. We recommend rolling in tortilla wraps as you are ready to eat and not ahead of time.
Yes! This recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc to be what you need. You will need to use a larger skillet.
We do not recommend freezing this dish.
Other Vegan Wraps or Sandwiches Recipes to Consider:
Chipotle Spiced Veggie Burritos
For the sauce
For the Veggie Wrap
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size pieces with stem
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, more or less to taste
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4-6 tortilla wraps (burrito size or desired size)
- plant based cheese,
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- avocado, cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, add oil over medium heat. Add broccoli and stir together. Cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Careful not to burn.
- Add zucchini and onions and stir together. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and stir together again. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil. Stir together.
- On a wrap, add some rice, some of the vegetable mixture, desired amount of sauce and any optional ingredients. Fold up. Repeat with remaining mixture.
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!