If you love noodle dishes, then you will be wowed with the flavor-packed, veggie-loaded Vegan Thai Peanut Noodles dish! It’s simple, but so good!
Noodles are one of those comfort foods that just never gets old! These vegan Thai peanut noodles will elevate your favorite carb into something that is not only packed with veggies, but full of flavor.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavorful – This recipe packs so much flavor in with ingredients that you most likely have a lot of already!
- Veggie Packed – These are a lot of veggies in this dish that not only add nutrients, but add color and flavor to bring the dish together
- Versatile – This is definitely one of those forgiving dishes where you can swap a bunch of things and it still works out. It’s perfect as written or the substitutes you may think of for this dish
Gather your ingredients!
- Rice Noodles – rice noodles are optimal for this Thai peanut noodles because their ability to absorb flavors is superior. You can use white or brown rice noodles, we opt for brown
- Vegetables – we are adding red cabbage, bok choy, red bell peppers and garlic into our dish.
- Peanut Sauce – Thai peanut noodles feature a peanut sauce made from creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, and maple syrup for a sweet umami flavor burst with every single bite
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Noodles – while rice noodles are preferred, feel free to use your favorite pasta for this dish
- Vegetables – you can sub or add your favorite vegetables into this meal – like carrots, broccoli, edamame, cucumbers and more
- Peanut Sauce – Feel free to use a store bought vegan version if you need this dish to go even faster. If you have a peanut allergy, feel free to swap the peanut butter with sunbutter or a nutbutter of your choosing.
- Protein – If you’d like to add some more protein into your dish, things like tofu or vegan chicken or soy curls would be good options
Yes, swaps for the soy sauce include a no soy soy sauce, coconut aminos, or tamari depending on your dietary needs. Peanuts and peanut butter can be replaced with alternative nuts and nut butters if you can have them and/or sunflower seeds/sunbutter if needed.
We do not recommend freezing this recipe in full; however, you can make just the peanut sauce and freeze that to make this dish go faster in the future.
Yes, this recipe can be made 2-3 days in advance.
We highly recommend using rice noodles as they get sticky and really absorb all the sauce and flavor. Feel free to sub out noodles or other pasta that you have on had otherwise.
Other Vegan Asian-Inspired Recipes to Consider:
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!
Vegan Thai Peanut Noodles
For the Peanut Sauce
For the Noodles
- 16 oz brown rice noodles (sub with white)
- 3 baby bok choy, sliced in half (or chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 ½ cups red cabbage, sliced
- ⅓ cup peanuts, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for it to boil, to a bowl, add the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and water. Whisk together well. Set aside.
- When water begins to boil, add the noodles and bok choy and cook. When done, drain and run cold water over to stop the cooking.
- If using optional garlic and ginger, In a small pot, add a little oil over medium heat and saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add into the peanut sauce and stir together well. You can also add raw garlic and ginger into the peanut sauce for a punchier flavor!
- Add noodles to a large bowl and pour over peanut sauce. Stir carefully to combine. Add bell pepper slices, cabbage, and peanut and toss gently. Serve warm or cold with green onions and lime wedges if desired.