These easy blueberry vegan bagels need just 8 ingredients to make perfect at home breakfast. Chewy, soft, and can be frozen.
When you first hear blueberry vegan bagels, you may think they seem hard; however, they are insanely easy to make.
The result is absolutely delicious and chewy, warm and soft fresh out of the oven bagels that are incredible.
You need minimal ingredients to make these easy vegan bagels and you will shock yourself at the end result that you made them.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this gluten free?
Unfortunately at this time we don’t have a gluten free blend that we can recommend.
Top 8 Allergen Free?
Besides, gluten, this recipe is Top 8 Allergen Free. We will update the post once we have a gluten free recommendation.
Can I prep these ahead?
Yes! Once made, they will last for up to 7 days in an air tight container.
Can I freeze these vegan bagels?
Absolutely! We know that you may not be able to eat all 8 bagels right away. Once completely cooled, you can freeze these bagels in an air tight freezer container or freezer safe bag. Our recommendation is to use within 3 months.
Thaw by leaving out overnight.
What are vegan toppings that I should add?
Cream cheese is a no brainer, but obviously it’s not normally vegan. Luckily, it’s getting easier for you to find vegan cream cheese; however, you could also make our cashew based vegan cream cheese or our nut free soy free vegan cream cheese.
Other options include:
- vegan cream cheese from above with fresh fruit
- peanut butter or other nut butter with agave or fresh fruit
- breakfast sandwich – vegan sausage or bacon with vegan eggs and vegan cheese
- hummus and your favorite toppings
The possibilities are literally endless.
Pin these vegan blueberry bagels for later:
Blueberry Vegan Bagels
For the bagels
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Then, add in the water.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Add blueberries and then fold dough over to combine, adding more flour if needed to form a solid ball (see video for visual)
- Cut the ball into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Poke a hole through the center and stretch the hole a bit to make a center (see video for visual).
- Place shaped bagel on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 60 minutes
- 10 minutes before timer goes off heat water in a large pot over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Once boiling add in sugar and blend together until sugar has dissolved.
- Add in baking soda.
- Drop 2-3 bagels in at a time for 1 minute. Flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove bagels and place back on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake bagels for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing and eating
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!