These easy vegan blueberry breakfast bars are perfect for on the go mornings or even as a snack! Can be Top 8 Allergen Free.
Whether you are looking for an easy breakfast or easy snack idea, these vegan blueberry breakfast bars will hit the spot!
Breakfast and snacking both seem to be something that doesn’t come easy to many. We think often times that as long as we figure out the main meal (I.e., dinner) that everything else will be easy.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t usually work that way. Figuring out vegan breakfast ideas and vegan snack ideas can be just as hard.
Luckily, you can quickly prep these easy and quick vegan breakfast bars for a healthy and filling hand held option at any point during the day.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make these Top 8 Allergen Free Granola Bars?
First, you want to make sure that your oats are certified gluten free. Oats are naturally gluten free but because of cross contamination it’s hard to know sometimes.
As for the flour, you can use a gluten free 1-to-1 flour.
Are these soft or crispy breakfast bars?
The bars are chewy and soft vegan breakfast bars.
Can I prep these vegan blueberry breakfast bars ahead?
Absolutely. Once these are made, you can store than into your freezer for approximately 6 months.
Alternatively, you could leave in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Could I do another berry besides blueberry?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and use whatever type of berry or fruit that you’d like.
Pin these vegan blueberry breakfast bars for later!
Vegan Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- 9×13 pan
- parchment paper
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 cups of the blueberries, along with sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla over medium heat. Stir occasionally until it begins to boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water well.
- Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan and stir constantly until well incorporated and it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together.
- In a smaller bowl add applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir together well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together until combined well.
- Add half of the mixture to your pan and press it down evenly across the pan.
- Pour berry filling into the dish and spread evenly across. Evenly spread remaining cup of blueberries across.
- Evenly add the rest of the oat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and set aside for at least 10 minutes to set up before cutting.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Heat for 10-15 seconds if desired to eat.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!