You will be shocked that these vegan zucchini brownies contain a vegetable! So close to the real thing! These are a must try!
Sometimes when people hear vegan zucchini brownies, they are immediately like no ma’am. Not here.
We get it, sweets and vegetables don’t seem like a likely pair. But you will be shocked at how delicious these easy vegan brownies are!
If you have a picky vegetable eater, then you are definitely going to want to give this recipe a go and show them how delicious vegetables truly can be. PS. It’s okay, if you are the picky vegetable eater, we don’t judge here.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make these Top 8 Allergen Free?
Yes! Use a gluten free flour instead of all-purpose. We like a 1:1 blend like Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur the best.
Otherwise, you will want to make sure to use safe chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life) and a soy free vegan butter.
How long are these good for?
These vegan zucchini brownies will last for 5-7 days if stored in an air tight container.
Can these easy vegan brownies be frozen?
We cannot recommend freezing these. That being said, it may totally work, but we have yet to try it ourselves.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double this recipe if you need more and you have two separate baking dishes.
What are the best vegan chocolate chips?
We really love the Enjoy Life brand because they are free from so many allergens.
However, the Organic Top 8 Free chips from Wal-mart (Great Value brand) are accidentally vegan and they have a slightly better pricer point and still taste great.
What other vegan chocolate recipes could I make?
If you love these vegan zucchini brownies, we think you’ll also love these other chocolate ideas:
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- Easy Vegan Double Chocolate Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Sticky Buns
Pin these vegan zucchini brownies for later!
Vegan Zucchini Brownies
- ½ cup dairy free butter, melted
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 2 cups flour (use GF if needed – see post for details)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped (Optional)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (we like chunks) + more for topping (about ½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Liberally spray a 9×13 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
- Grate zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted dairy free butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add zucchini and fold in with a spatula.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salts. Stir just until no dry ingredients remains.
- If adding, walnuts, add now along with vegan chocolate chips. Fold to combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to cool completely.
- Slice in 16 equal sized pieces (or desired size)
- Store in an air tight container.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!