These vegan southwest egg rolls are perfect for appetizers or a meal and can be customized for ingredients you have on hand. Pair it with vegan nacho cheese for a delicious combo!
These vegan southwest egg rolls are a copycat version of Chili’s southwest egg rolls.
It would be awesome if there were versions at the restaurant that were vegan; however, whenever we crave something that we can no longer eat, we just make a vegan version.
Crazily enough, it usually ends up better
These vegan southwest egg rolls are easy to make and perfect for whether you want them for an appetizer, lunch, or a dinner meal.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
What ingredients do I need to make vegan southwest egg rolls?
Full ingredient amounts listed below in the printable recipe card
- vegan chicken strips
- black beans
- red bell pepper
- sweet onion
- green onions
- taco seasoning
- jalapeno, optional
- vegan cheese
- vegan egg roll wrappers
Can I make vegan southwest egg rolls Top 8 Allergen Free?
The ingredients that may contain allergens are the vegan chicken, vegan cheese, and vegan egg roll wrappers.
Make sure that you choose a vegan cheese that is suitable to your allergens. Take a look at some of our favorite vegan cheeses and what allergens they have.
We have not seen a gluten free egg roll wrapper, but you could try baking in a gluten free tortilla for a different option.
As far as the vegan chicken, it usually has soy and/or wheat. You could swap with walnut taco meat if not nut allergies or honestly just omit all together.
How long are vegan southwest egg rolls good for?
They will last for 3-5 days in the fridge in an air tight container. However, they will not be as crispy. You can heat them up in the oven to bring back some of the crispiness.
Can vegan southwest egg rolls be frozen?
Yes. After you make the mixture, let it cool completely and then make all your eggrolls. Place them on a baking sheet and flash freeze for 15 minutes.
Then, you can put then in an air tight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
WHAT ARE OTHER VEGAN DINNER IDEAS I SHOULD TRY?
But, you may be wondering what other delicious vegan meal ideas you should try. We’ve rounded up a few that we love ourselves and think you will too!
- No Yeast Vegan Pizza Dough
- Vegan Pizza Casserole
- The Best Vegan Black Bean Burger
- Cashew, Chickpea, and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce Skillet
- Best Vegan Chickpea Burgers
- Vegan Cauliflower Coconut Curry
- The Best Vegan Lasagna
- Vegan Walnut Taco Meat
Pin these vegan southwest egg rolls for later:
Vegan Southwest Egg Roll
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil (sub for vegetable stock if oil free)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ jalapeno, minced, Optional (more to taste heat wise)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups vegan chicken strips, frozen
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- ⅛ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups vegan cheese
- 15 vegan egg roll wrappers
- 1 qt vegetable oil, baked option below
- Chop your vegetables.
- In a large skillet, add your oil and heat over medium.
- Add in the chopped onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno if adding. Let saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegan chicken strips and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- The vegan chicken should start to soften. Chop with spatula into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over mixture and stir to combine.
- Add black beans, corn, spinach, and cilantro. Cook for 3-4 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.*Do not add hot mixture to egg roll wrappers.
- Heat up a deep fryer or a skillet with at least an inch of oil to 425 degrees F.
- Add 2 tbsps of mixture of the bottom of an egg roll wrapper (See package, most have clear instructions). Add some vegan cheese over the top (1-2 tablespoons) each.
- Use water to run along the outside edges to seal while rolling.
- Roll up the wrapper according to the package.
- Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Deep fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown If using a skillet to fry, cook 2-3 on each side or until golden brown on both sides. If oil free, baked at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the outside has started becoming golden brown. Can do this same process in an air fryer
- Remove and let cool before serving. Serve with optional dips above.