These 2 ingredient vegan apple pie egg rolls need just 15 minutes to make them and are the perfect quick vegan dessert idea you didn’t even know you needed.
Have you ever wanted dessert but not felt like going through the process of pulling out a ton of ingredients and waiting forever? Me too. These 2 ingredient vegan apple pie egg rolls solve this dilemma.
These vegan dessert egg rolls need just 2 ingredients to make and are ready in under 15 minutes including the time to heat up your oil.
It’s the perfect way to enjoy a delicious dessert even when you don’t have a lot of time.
Also, because of the presentation, you can really impress someone with how creative these seem.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do I need for vegan apple pie egg rolls?
You only need 2 Ingredients to make these vegan apple pie egg rolls. Can you believe it?
Full recipe amounts listed in the printable recipe card below
The ingredients that you need are:
- canned apple pie filling
- vegan egg rolls
Optional Ingredients Include:
You also may want powdered sugar, vegan caramel sauce or a cinnamon sugar mixture once they are finished.
Do I have to use canned pie filling? Can I use homemade?
Yes! Whether you don’t like the taste or maybe the ingredients listed in canned filling, you could absolutely use homemade filling.
You can follow the filling ingredients for our vegan apple pie. Just make sure the mixture is cooled before adding to the vegan egg roll wrapper.
How do you make vegan apple pie egg rolls?
In a deep fryer or heavy bottom skillet with at least 2 inches of oil, heat oil to 360-370 degrees F.
While waiting to come to temperature, add 1/3 cup of apple pie filling to the bottom of an egg roll wrapper. Place water on the edges and fold up according to the package instructions.
*If you are adding the optional spices, do so before starting your oil.
Once you get 3-4 done, your oil should be ready.
Place them into the hot oil carefully and let cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip with a pair of tongs and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, rotating to the sides if needed to ensure all sides are golden brown and fried.
While cooking, finish making your other vegan egg rolls.
Remove from the oil and repeat with remaining rolls.
Top with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar mix, or leave as is.
Best served immediately after cooling.
Optional: You could also prewrap all your vegan dessert eggrolls prior to starting your oil.
Can I make these oil free?
Yes! While they won’t bubble up like you see in the photos, you can use an air fryer. Place in yours at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
What is the best way to make sure my oil is the right temperature?
If you are using a deep fryer, it’s easy to just turn a dial to the temperature you want.
However, if you are using a skillet with added oil, then it’s not as easy to tell.
We love using this thermometer spatula. It is digital and very easy to tell what your temperature is without having to guess on a gauge.
Can I make these vegan apple pie egg rolls Top 8 Allergen Free?
As the recipe is written, the only top allergen is wheat.
We do know there are coconut wraps, if you also didn’t have a coconut allergen. But we haven’t personally tried them.
Can I prep these vegan apple pie egg rolls ahead of time?
these are best eaten at the time of making them or within 3 or 4 hours. Since they take literally minutes to make, we would just recommend making the amount as needed.
Can I fill with other canned pie fillings?
Yes! The same concept will work with any canned pie filling.
What are other vegan desserts I should try?
If you like apple pie, then you have to give our actual vegan apple pie a try!
Just because you have food allergies or preferences, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be able to have great tasting desserts. We’d even venture to say that these are better than their “normal” counterparts.
These are some other dairy free dessert recipes that you should try:
- Easy Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Layered Vegan Strawberry Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Easy Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Vegan M&M Rice Krispies
- Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
Pin these vegan apple pie egg rolls for later:
2 ingredient Vegan Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 1 21oz can apple pie filling (can us any flavor pie filling)
- 8 vegan eggroll wrapper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, optional
- 1/8 tsp cardamom, optional
- vegetable or canola oil
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon sugar mix
- vegan caramel sauce for dipping
- In a deep fryer or heavy bottom skillet with at least 2 inches of oil, heat oil to 360-370 degrees F.
- While waiting to come to temperature, add 1/3 cup of apple pie filling to the bottom of an egg roll wrapper. Place water on the edges and fold up according to the package instructions. *If you are adding the optional spices, do so before starting your oil.
- Once 3-4 egg rolls are made, the oil should be ready. Place them into the hot oil carefully and let cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully flip with a pair of tongs and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, rotating to the sides if needed to ensure all sides are golden brown and fried.
- While cooking, finish making other vegan egg rolls.
- Remove from the oil to a paper toweled lined plate and repeat with remaining rolls.
- Top with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar mix, or leave as is.
- Best served immediately after cooling.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!