These vegan chocolate crinkle cookies are the perfect balance of soft inside and chewy inside. They are beautiful to present as a gift!
Don’t you love when things can be multipurpose? These vegan chocolate crinkle cookies are the perfect example of that.
Obviously, you can make and keep all of them for yourself. But their unique cracks and gorgeous look and contrast of the dark colored cookie and snow looking powdered sugar also makes these dairy free chocolate crinkle cookies perfect for gifting.
It may seems like people have moved away from giving homemade gifts; however, that’s not the case at all. Most people still love gifts that come directly from the heart and that have taken time to make.
Crinkle cookies actually started as molasses spiced style of cookie, but overtime the chocolate version seems to have stolen the show.
These are absolutely delicious no matter if you decide to keep them for yourself or gift though!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
What ingredients do you need for vegan chocolate crinkle cookies?
Ten ingredients. That’s all that stands in between you and these fabulously delicious vegan chocolate cookies. The ingredients that you need are:
- Vegan sugar
- Canola or coconut oil
- Dairy Free milk
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Powdered sugar (coating)
How do you make vegan chocolate crinkle cookies?
Preheat the oven to 350° F/177° C. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
Next, add in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until it’s completely combined.
Add powdered sugar to a smaller bowl.
Scoop out tablespoon size balls of dough. Roll each ball very thoroughly into the powdered sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart as they will spread while cooking. *DO NOT PRESS DOWN.
Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. It’s okay if still slightly soft in the center.
Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. The transfer to a cooling rack.
Can you make these Top 8 Allergen Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies?
Use a dairy free milk that is safe for your allergens.
The flour can be replaced with gluten free flour or almond flour. We like King Arthur Gluten Free measure for measure.
The rest of the recipe is allergen friendly as written.
Can you prep these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies ahead of time?
You can make the cookies and store the cookies in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
Can you freeze Chocolate Crinkle Cookies?
Our recommendation is to make the dough, roll into balls, and then place the dough balls (not rolled in sugar) into a plastic sealed bag or an air-tight container. Then, freeze up to 3 months. Pull or one or a handful!
What are other vegan cookies that I should try?
Once you try these delicious vegan cookies, you will want to try more. These are some of favorites, and we know you will love them too !
- Incredible Vegan Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Easy Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan M&M Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Bonus: Try our Vegan Ice Cream sandwiches
Pin these vegan chocolate crinkle cookies for later:
Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/177° C. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Next, add in your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a spatula until it's completely combined.
- Add powdered sugar to a smaller bowl.
- Scoop out tablespoon size balls of dough. Roll each ball very thoroughly into the powdered sugar.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart as they will spread while cooking. *DO NOT PRESS DOWN.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. It's okay if still slightly soft in the center.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. The transfer to a cooling rack.