This 10 ingredient vegan blueberry fruit tarts is the perfect, easy breakfast or brunch option that will wow!
Have you ever tried meal planning for a holiday or special breakfast and everything that looks pretty seems to taste forever? Us too. These vegan blueberry fruit tarts are absolutely what you need then.
It is so simple to make; however, it looks insanely stunning. People will think that you spent hours creating this deliciousness.
Only you have to know the real truth.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Free?
We are using puff pastry for this recipe which contains wheat. Otherwise, this recipe is free of the other Top allergens.
We have seen gluten free puff pastry available for sale and there are a few recipes available if you search online.
Can I prep these in advance?
These vegan blueberry fruit tarts are really best served as soon as they are cool enough to eat; however, they can be stored in an air tight container and then reheated for 2-3 days after making.
You could prepare the blueberry mixture itself 5-7 days in advance then when when you are ready to eat the tarts, make the remainder of the recipe then
Can these be frozen?
We do not recommend making these and then freezing them.
Can I use other fruit besides blueberries?
Absolutely! Feel free to swap with other berries like strawberries, blackberries or raspberries. Or get creative!
How do you serve these vegan fruit tarts?
These are best cooled enough to eat and then served. They are delicious on their own; however, if you want a really special treat, top them with some vegan whipped topping or even vegan vanilla ice cream! Yum!
Can I drizzle a glaze over them?
Of course! Feel free to make our simple vegan glaze found in our doughnut recipe and then drizzle over the top. You likely only need half the recipe.
What other vegan brunch ideas could I make?
Once you try this delicious vegan breakfast skillet, you may be looking for other amazing vegan breakfast ideas that you should try. We are sharing both sweet and savory dairy free breakfast ideas.
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- Super Soft Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Glazed Vegan Donuts
- Vegan Chocolate Donuts
- Perfect Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Pin these vegan blueberry fruit tarts for later!
Vegan Blueberry Fruit Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (can sub frozen)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (can sub arrowroot powder)
- 1/4 cup vegan cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (sub 1/2 tsp vanilla powder)
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar, optional
- Make sure before starting you have a puff pastry thawed or close to being completely thawed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add blueberries, cornstarch, cane sugar, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla powder. Stir together gently. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin roll the puff pastry out into until it measures 10×10 inches. Slice pastry in half, then each half into thirds for a total of 6 rectangles, placing each on the prepared baking sheet.
- With a pairing knife, score a 1/4 inch border around the outside of the pastry (this helps the pastry rise). Do not cut through the pastry but just enough to see the border.
- In another small bowl, combine the dairy free milk and maple syrup. Brush gently across the rectangles. If using, sprinkle turbinado sugar evenly across the top.
- Add the blueberry mixture to the inside of the scored pastry, leaving the 1/4 inch scored edge open. Repeat with remaining pastries until all have an even amount.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and serve and enjoy!
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!