THIS VEGAN STEW RECIPE WILL BLOW YOU AWAY. SUPER HEARTY AND FILLING AND PERFECT FOR ANY COLD DAY. EVEN THE BIGGEST CARNIVORE WILL LOVE THIS CHICKPEA VEGAN BEEF STEW RECIPE! THIS RECIPE IS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FRIENDLY, INCLUDING GLUTEN FREE.
If you are looking for a hearty vegan soup, then this vegan beefless stew is just what you are looking for!
As the temperatures drop, stoves fill with amazingness that warms the heart and bellies. Soups are an absolute must when it gets cold outside and this vegan stew is going to be a favorite.
What’s great about soups and stews is that they can be made on the stove, crockpot or even an instant pot. Sometimes all three, and luckily, this recipe is one that can be made all three ways.
While we give a variety of vegetables that are traditionally in stew, feel free to get creative with what you have on hand and switch it up!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
CAN I MAKE THIS VEGAN BEEFLESS STEW TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Soy sauce is the only ingredient that we are concerned with in this recipe. Depending on the allergies you have, you can replace the soy sauce with gluten-free tamari, coconut aminos or a Top 8 no soy sauce (click links to see each).
Otherwise this recipe is completely Top 8 Allergen Free.
CAN I PREP THIS VEGAN BEEFLESS STEW IDEA AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! You can make the recipe from start to finish and then store in the fridge in an air tight container after cooling, for up to 7 days, heating up when ready to cook.
CAN I FREEZE THIS VEGAN BEEFLESS STEW?
Yes! Let cool complete and place in a freezer safe bag or container. Use within 3 months.
CAN I MAKE THIS BEEFLESS VEGAN STEW ON THE STOVE?
Maybe you don’t have a crockpot or you want to make this vegan beefless stew recipe in a shorter amount of time.
While we highly recommend slow cooking to allow the flavors to really develop and come together, there’s no reason you can’t make this recipe on the stove.
Start by reducing the amount of liquid by 1 cup. In a large pot or dutch oven, place all the ingredients together and cook for 30-45 minutes on low. Your potatoes and carrots should be fork tender. If you have more time, you can continue to let it cook on low for more time.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH VEGAN BEEFLESS STEW?
Obviously, it’s good on it’s own, but there’s just something about bread with soup that’s amazing together. Here’s a few ideas:
Also, if you are gluten free you could try something like pepitas or sunflower seeds on top for a nice addition.
WHAT OTHER VEGAN SOUP IDEAS COULD I MAKE?
Vegan soup is comforting, warming, and filling and there are so many options.
Above is our vegan taco soup, but there’s also:
- vegan broccoli and cheese soup
- vegan butternut squash soup
- vegan lentil soup
- vegan loaded potato soup
- and more!
Get all our vegan soup recipes too! Click the link to view them all.
Pin this vegan beefless stew for later:
Vegan Beefless Stew
- 5 small potatoes, cubed (peeled optional)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 15oz can corn, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (sub with coconut aminos, tamari or no soy soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped small
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- Chop all your vegetables.
- Add all the ingredients, except the corn and peas to a crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high in your crockpot (*See instructions in post for cooking on stove).
- 15 minutes prior to serving, add in the corn and peas and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and discard the bay leaves. Serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 5-7 days in fridge.