You will be amazed at how simple, yet filling this oven roasted cauliflower and hummus bowl recipe can be!
We often overcomplicate dishes; however, we’re here to show you that you don’t have too! While an Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Hummus Bowl may never had crossed your mind, we’re officially going to implant the idea in your brain.
This meal idea is so simple that you are going to be amazed that you never thought of putting it together before.
You will also be sitting there thinking what other meals are just sitting around your pantry waiting for you to utilize them.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Why You’ll Love This Dish
Even with having to wait on the cauliflower to roast, this meal is super easy to make and is still ready in under 30 minutes! You’ll love the simplicity.
For most people, all of these ingredients are already on hand which makes this a pantry staple meal. I know for when I usually have all the ingredients on hand, it’s a meal I’ll make over and over again!
Between the cauliflower, herbs, chickpeas, and more, the ingredients in this recipe bring together protein, fiber, and antioxidants. Not to mention the hummus being a great source of healthy fats and vitamins.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Hummus Bowl Ingredients:
Gather your ingredients!
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make vegan dish:
- Cauliflower – We are cutting a head of cauliflower into florets. You want to make sure that you try to get them into even sizes if possible so they cook in the same amount of time.
- Chickpeas – We are using canned chickpeas that we have drained and rinsed, but we are reserving the canned liquid, also called aquafaba, to use in the hummus for smoothness.
- Tahini – Tahini is ground sesame seeds. It helps with the smoothness of the hummus that we are making for this dish.
- Garlic – We call for 3 cloves of garlic in the hummus. Hummus is not cooked and some people are more sensitive to the spice level of raw garlic. You can increase or decrease the 3 cloves of garlic as desired.
- High Heat Oil – For the chili herb oil we are making, we want a high heat oil like avocado. You need to get it hot, but don’t want the smoke point to start burning the oil or it won’t taste great.
- Spices – we are using a variety of spices for all the components of this dish. Both fresh and dried herbs are used and we really think the combination of both fresh and dried in this entire recipe only works to really heighten the dish.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Cauliflower – You could sub cauliflower for other roasted veggies like broccoli, potatoes, or even carrots or Brussels sprouts. Or get creative and do a combo!
- Chickpeas – You could try a white bean hummus using canned great northern, butter beans, or cannelinni. Still reserve the liquid
- Tahini – You can omit tahini, but you will loose some of the smoothness and taste. Or sub with a creamy cashew butter (this will change the taste).
- Chili Herb Oil – If you are looking for a recipe that isn’t spicy but still a sauce for the hummus and cauliflower, our pesto recipe would work wonderfully here
Step by Step Instructions:
To start you’re going to preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
Lightly spray a large baking sheet and then combine all your spices. Drizzle oil over your cauliflower florets and then toss evenly coat the cauliflower with oil and spices. You can toss in a bowl or directly on your baking sheet.
Spread out your cauliflower into a single layer on your baking tray. Then bake for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
Combine all spices for the chili herb oil into a heat proof bowl.
Next, heat oil over medium heat in small sauce pan for 4-5 minutes. Use wooden spatula and it will bubble when ready.
Carefully pour oil over spices (it will bubble/pop). When settled, stir together well.
Add all your hummus ingredients together into a food processor. Blend together until smooth.
Use the reserved canned chickpea liquid (known as aquafaba) and slowly pour into your food processor until deserved texture achieved. Careful not to add too much.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Swap the tahini for sunbutter (will alter taste). Otherwise, this dish is Top 9 Allergen free.
Yes. Once cooled completely, you can store in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Yes. You’ll need to use two sheet pans to cook your cauliflower florets, but you can double the hummus and oil in the same devices.
We wouldn’t recommend freezing this dish.
What other vegan main dishes could I make?
If you love this vegan recipe, you may love these even more:
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Edamame with Peanut Sauce
- Creamy Coconut Rice with Spiced Chickpeas
- Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry
- Vegan Green Bean Salad with Feta and Almonds
- Vegan Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
- Vegan Arugula Salad with Chickpeas Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes
- Vegan Zucchini Fritters
Pin this Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Hummus Bowl for later!
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Hummus Bowl
For Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For Chili Herb Oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 zest of whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ cup high smoke point neutral oil (like avocado)
- 2 cups canned chickpeas drained and washed, but reserve the liquid (aquafaba)
- ½ cup tahini, keeping some of the oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, more or less to taste
- 1 juice from whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, more or less to taste
For Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425°F(218°C). Spray oil over a large baking sheet and then spread cauliflower florets across in a single layer. Drizzle with oil.
- Mix all the spices for the cauliflower together in a small bowl and then sprinkle evenly across cauliflower. Toss together to coat all of the cauliflower. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
For Chili Herb Oil
- Combine all spices for the oil into a heat proof bowl. Then, heat oil over medium heat in small sauce pan for 4-5 minutes. Use wooden spatula and it will bubble when ready. Carefully pour oil over spices (it will bubble/pop). When settled, stir together well.
- All add your hummus ingredients to a food processor and blend together until smooth. Slowly, add aquafaba (reserved canned chickpea liquid) until desired texture has been achieved.
- To serve, spread hummus onto the bottom of a bowl or plate. Top with roasted cauliflower and drizzle with desired amount of chili herb oil. If desired, add green onions or sesame seeds to the top. Serve with naan or crusty bread on the side.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
delicious and easy!
so happy to hear that!
This was AMAZING!!! I could literally eat this every day of the week…and this is only my 2nd day attempting the gluten-free vegan lifestyle!!! All of your recipes look amazing!!! I’m so glad I found you on YouTube!!!
So happy to hear that Lisa, hope you enjoy even more!
This is so damn delicious! I had one of those magical days where I saw a video with a tasty looking recipe and just so happened to have the ingredients! 😀
So, i popped in my kitchen and went to town.
This was a comfort meal. I’ll make it again for sure!
Thank you for sharing!!
So glad to hear that you enjoyed it Jessi!
Made this last night and it was so delicious!! I want to make it again today.
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
so happy to hear that!
Oven roasted cauliflower with this seasoning combination is delicious. Also enjoy the texture from using the convection/air fryer-like feature on my oven.
Used my tiny whisk (which is probably older than Andrew) to combine seasonings but there’s one thing missing. For the full Nard Dog affect, permission requested to slide ingredients across the prep surface.
Keep smiling and Believing in Good.
My husband and I made this dish last night. Fun snack meal after a game of boggle by the fire. It is YUMMY! It’s nice to have something different! We go to a local vegan restaurant (Sprig and Vine in New Hope) which is amazing and I likened it to something they would serve.
So glad that you enjoyed it Holly!