This insanely easy 10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta needs just 5 Ingredients and Is Top 8 Allergen Free if using gluten free pasta.
Easy and simple recipes like this 10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta are sometimes all we need for a comfort meal.
Whether you are on a tight budget, doing a pantry challenge, or just trying to find something easy, this recipe checks all those boxes.
By the time your pasta is finished cooking, the entire dish is done. Seriously, no joking.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do I need to make 10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta?
Easy dishes are great, but dishes that are easy and use minimal ingredients are even better. This dish only needs to have 5 ingredients. FIVE!
Full amounts listed in printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Pasta (we use cavatappi, but you can get creative with your pasta choice)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
Can I use vegetables in this pasta?
Of course! You can feel free to get creative.
Depending on what you decide to add, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Other things you could add are:
- cherry tomatoes
- red peppers
- green beans
- yellow squash
- vegan meat substitutes (like vegan chicken or seitan)
And more! Feel free to great creative!
Do I have to use oil?
If you just don’t have oil, you can use vegan butter.
If you are asking because you are oil free, then you could use a simple cashew cream sauce or something similar. Obviously the taste would be different, but we are just try to give you an option.
If doing this, then you should saute your garlic in vegetable stock at the beginning.
How do you make this10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta?
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
While pasta is cooking, mince all your garlic.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes, ensuring that the garlic doesn’t burn.
Toss in the drained, cooked pasta along with salt. Gently stir to combine.
Add in reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the noodles. *You likely won’t need it all.
Garnish with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan cheese if adding.
Can you prep this vegan pasta with vegetables dish ahead of time?
Yes! Once made, let cool, and store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
If you meal prep, this is a great dish to try out because of that. Just separate into individual portion sizes and have lunch or dinner prepped for the entire week.
Can this be Top 8 Allergen Free 10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta?
The pasta is the only ingredient that contains a top allergen.
For the pasta, you can use a gluten free pasta of your liking. We were using Banza in these photos.
Pin this 10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta for later:
10 Minute Spicy Vegan Garlic and Oil Pasta
- 1 lb pasta (cavatappi shown, use GF if needed)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, (use more or less depending on spice level desired)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan Cheese, divided
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes, ensuring that the garlic doesn't burn.
- Toss in the drained, cooked pasta along with salt. Gently stir to combine.
- Add in reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the noodles. *You likely won't need it all.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan cheese if adding.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
This dish was so simple to make and full of flavor!! I added some cherry tomatoes (like you suggested above) and some sautéed kale (because I LOVE KALE). Wonderful dish!! Thanks for sharing this!
Yayy!! Great additions! Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review! Have a great day!