This vegan taco salad combines your favorite taco ingredients, including vegan walnut taco meat into the perfect salad for your next meal!
This post is sponsored by NatureSweet. All thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
A lot of times when people think of salad, it’s boring. There’s some iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots and maybe a dressing. Friends, your salads don’t have to be boring. This vegan taco salad featuring NatureSweet Cherubs is here to prove that.
We are combining all our favorite taco ingredients into one bowl for the most epic and delicious vegan salad you’ve had yet.
Today, we’ll be topping our salad with some vegan taco meat along with all our favorite veggies to show you that eating the rainbow is fun and exciting. Plus, if you need to meal prep, this is a great way to get that done!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR VEGAN TACO SALAD?
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make the best vegetarian taco salad:
- vegan walnut taco meat – we are swapping out beef for walnut taco meat to make this completely vegan. Walnut taco meat also has a bit of a crunch to it so it’s a nice added touch when making a salad
- hearts of romaine – this is the base of our dish and the vehicle for which everything else gets loaded on. We love the crunch that hearts of romaine give to the salad.
And now come your toppings. Just like tacos you can use whatever your favorite toppings are for a vegan taco salad.
- NatureSweet Cherubs– we love these juicy little tomatoes. Not only do they add an intense pop of color to your salad, but they are always handpicked at the peak of freshness to provide you with the best flavor and texture that you could want in every single bite.
- vegan cheddar shreds – Use your favorite vegan cheese shreds or block and shred yourself. If you don’t have a favorite check out our vegan shredded cheese taste test, complete with allergen information if you need to avoid certain ingredients
- sweet corn kernels – we love the flavor and taste of corn in our regular tacos, so this was a must as well
- black beans – an additional source of protein for our vegan salad, plus a different texture when enjoying
- red onion – a bit of a kick and a crunch, red onions are perfect to enjoy raw
- avocado – we love the creaminess that avocados add to a salad, but they are begging to be used in tacos in all forms
- jalapenos – if you want to kick up the heat, slice or dice up some jalapenos. Totally optional though.
- vegan sour cream – the creaminess of the vegan sour cream brings everything together like a dressing would. We combine that with fresh lime juice for a simple, yet flavor added sauce for this salad. Check out our vegan sour cream taste test if you need help finding one
Substitutions and variations:
- vegan taco meat – If you don’t want to do walnut taco meat, you could try out vegan tofu taco crumbles or switch up the walnuts for our vegan pecan taco meat or vegan sunflower taco meat if you need to be completely nut free. You could also do something like taco seasoned mushrooms if you’d prefer
- hearts of romaine – you can swap this out for your favorite salad blend too
For toppings, you can add or swap any of your favorite things from the list above. Here’s some more ideas:
- vegan nacho cheese
- vegan cashew queso
- Chipotle copycat guacamole
- Chipotle copycat roasted corn salsa
- green onions
Leave a comment and let us know what you added to yours once you make it!
Why NatureSweet Cherubs?
NatureSweet wants you to have the best experience with their tomatoes and that’s why they don’t take any shortcuts! Their delicious Cherubs are grape tomatoes that are picked at peak readiness and shipped within 24 hours, so you have the most amazing tomatoes for your salads and more.
These are mild in flavor and their flesh is meatier and contain less water, which makes them ideal and perfect for any salads that you are making in the new year.
NatureSweet Cherubs make an excellent snack option too, but today, we are sharing with you one of our favorite salads and these delicious little bites of joy make sure that it’s delicious.
When we are talking about making great choices for yourself in the new year, it’s great to know that NatureSweet Cherubs are low in calories and fat, have no cholesterol or sodium, are a great source of fiber and are full of many nutrients like lycopene, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and vitamin A.
Because NatureSweet tomatoes are picked with purpose, you can be assured that they will be firm, free of blemishes and as sweet as they can be. This is why you can count on them every time and know that they were handpicked and shipped within 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Vegan Taco Salad:
You can chop your vegetables and make your vegan walnut taco meat; however, we wouldn’t advise making the entire dish more than a few hours ahead of time because the other ingredients can make the lettuce soggy if they are soaking together for too long.
This vegan taco salad can we served cold or warm. The preference is totally up to the person eating. We usually warm up the vegan taco meat, along with the beans and corn and the rest of our ingredients are cold.
We need to look at our cheese, sour cream, and taco meat. You can find allergen friendly options for all of these ingredients. It’s best to refer to the substitutions at the top of the post for ideas on what to use.
Pin this vegan taco salad for later!
Vegan Taco Salad
- 1 recipe vegan walnut taco meat (see post for substitutions)
- 3 hearts of romaine chopped
- 10 oz NatureSweet Cherubs, sliced in half
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- fresh jalapenos, thinly sliced, optional
- vegan sour cream, to taste
- salsa, to taste
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- Make walnut taco meat according to the instructions.
- Chop all your vegetables.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl for family style serving or set up buffet style for individual serving. If serving family style, toss to combine well.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NatureSweet.