If you love pumpkin and you love pancakes, then these vegan pumpkin pancakes are just what you need! Can be Top 8 Allergen Free, prepped ahead and frozen.
If you love pancakes and pumpkin flavored things, then these vegan pumpkin pancakes are going to be your new favorite thing.
They are so fluffy, so thick, but so soft.
Pumpkin has a reputation of only being a fall ingredient, however it’s really good year round.
When people dispute whether or not they like pumpkin, it’s usually not the pumpkin that they may find a turn off but rather the mixture of spices that is commonly known as pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin itself makes a dish moist and is a great replacement for eggs while also aiding to help with moisture.
Either way! Let’s get to it, I know you are hungry!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make these Top 8 Allergen Friendly pumpkin pancakes?
These vegan pumpkin cheesecake pancakes are already very allergy friendly; however, they do contain wheat in the form of flour and you need to consider your dairy free milk.
If you need this recipe to be completely allergen friendly in regards to the Top 8 allergies, we would suggest that you switch the flour for gluten free cup for cup flour (we like this one).
Use whatever dairy free milk that is safe for your family. We love using oat milk.
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN PUMPKIN PANCAKES AHEAD?
Absolutely. Cook them and let them cool completely, then store in an air tight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Pop into the microwave for 30 seconds at a time or into the oven for a few minutes to warm back up.
CAN YOU FREEZE VEGAN PUMPKIN PANCAKES?
You can absolutely freeze these dairy free pumpkin pancakes. Wait until they are completely cooled and then we suggest freezing these on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes to flash freeze.
Then, put the pancakes in a freezer safe container or zip-loc bag.
Can I use another type of squash for this recipe?
Absolutely. Butternut squash puree would be perfect in something like this. Alternatively, you could also use pureed sweet potatoes.
Make it even more special! Try our vegan pumpkin cheesecake pancakes!
If you are looking for even more of a treat try adding in some vegan cheesecake!
We used the New York Style Vegan Cheesecake from the brand Daiya. You could even use their pumpkin flavored cheesecake for even more of a pumpkin treat.
However, you could also make your own homemade vegan cheesecake and then freeze the cheesecake before cutting into pieces and using in your recipe.
What are other vegan breakfast ideas that I should try?
Once you try these amazing vegan banana pancakes, you’ll definitely be wondering what you should try next. Here are some delicious dairy free breakfast recipes that you should absolutely try on your next day off or free day! All these recipes are vegan/plant based.
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Vegan blueberry muffins
- Sausage gravy and biscuits
- Dairy Free Cinnamon Rolls
- French Toast
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
Pin these vegan pumpkin pancakes for later:
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla non dairy milk (may need an additional 1/4 cup to thin)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (sub for vegan butter or any neutral oil), more for cooking
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (use GF measure for measure if needed)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients (non dairy milk through vanilla). Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine well but do not overmix.
- If needed, add a tbsp of non-dairy milk at a time to thin out the batter to pancake batter consistency.
- Add a small amount of oil or dairy free butter to a skillet over medium low heat.
- Once heated, add 1/2 cup of pancake mixture to the skillet.
- Wait until bubbles start to form and flip.
- Cook other side for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and remove.
- Repeat until no batter remains.
- Serve topped with butter, syrup, or any of your favorite sauces!
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!