These super fluffy dairy free pancakes will melt in your mouth! Take the guess work out of creating a homemade dairy free pancakes!
No longer do you have to wonder how you too can have deliciously fluffy pancakes that are also dairy free. We’ve taken all the guess work out of it for you with this dairy free pancake recipe.
Watch how to make dairy free pancakes:
What ingredients do you need for dairy free pancakes?
In order to make dairy free pancakes, sit the box mix down and just grab a few simple ingredients. This homemade dairy free website just needs eight total ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Powdered sugar
- Baking powder
- Almond Milk
- Vegan butter
How do you make dairy free pancakes at home?
There is one simple key to making fluffy dairy free pancakes at home. It’s all in the eggs. By whipping and folding in egg whites to your pancake batter, it will ensure the most perfect fluffy pancakes.
First, you need to mix together the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt. After that, you add in almond milk (or other dairy-free milk of choice), vegan butter, vanilla, and both whole eggs and whipped egg whites.
After you mix all the ingredients together, cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes, flip and another 2 minutes. Once golden brown, they are ready to devour with your favorite syrup or toppings.
What are dairy free toppings for dairy free pancakes recipe?
Fluffy dairy free pancakes are perfect fresh off the pan; however, we all know that pancakes are better with toppings. These are some of my favorite toppings for the best dairy free pancakes:
**This is the only recipe on our site that contains eggs. Every other recipe on our site doesn’t contain eggs and are all vegan. We have included instructions for make this egg free in the notes below the recipe directions.
Dairy Free Pancakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place an oven safe dish inside oven.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, egg YOLK, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Rinse off your whisk.
- In a 3rd large bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the milk and flour mixtures together with a whisk.
- Carefully, fold in the beaten egg whites until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX HERE
- Melt a small amount of butter in a pan or griddle over medium low heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until bubbles are forming.
- Flip and cook for another 60-90 seconds on the second side.
- Remove pancake and place inside dish in oven to keep warm while remaining pancakes cook.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter as needed so pancakes don’t stick.