These easy vegan pulled chicken sandwiches are ready in just 15 minutes for a simple yet delicious vegan dinner idea.
If you are looking for a really simple vegan dinner idea then look no further. These vegan pulled chicken sandwiches are absolutely amazing.
Sometimes when you are running short on time, you are looking for a simple dinner but that doesn’t mean that you don’t want something with flavor. In fact, far from it.
So if you have or can grab a bag of vegan chicken then you are already halfway through this recipe!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
VEGAN PULLED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the main ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this easy vegan dinner recipe:
- Vegan chicken – for these photos we used Daring brand, but you can use your favorite vegan chicken brand
- Seasonings – we are using a combination of brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, dry mustard, chili powder, and black pepper for the ultimate
- BBQ Sauce – we love our homemade vegan bbq sauce for even more ultimate flavor for this recipe
Substitutions and Variations:
- Vegan chicken – you can use jackfruit, oyster mushrooms, soy curls for this recipe as well
- Seasonings – you could use an all-purpose BBQ seasoning blend if you wanted to use that instead
- BBQ Sauce – any store bought brand will work or you can switch up the sauce completely to make other flavors
Yes! Use a top 8 free bbq sauce and buns. For the “chicken” we’d recommend jackfruit or mushrooms (or something else similar)
Yes! This is best served the same day; however, it can be reheated up to 5 days later.
We highly recommend using our homemade vegan BBQ sauce; however, you can use whatever your favorite sauce is! You could even switch it up with other sauces as well.
Yes! However, you should cook on low heat with a lid for 25-30 minutes. You will also want to increase the amount of bbq sauce to 1 full cup. The texture will not be as good as the instant pot method, but still delicious.
What other easy vegan dinner ideas could I make?
Pin these vegan pulled chicken sandwiches for later!
Vegan Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Into a bowl, add all the ingredients from brown sugar to black pepper. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl add the vegan chicken pieces and oil and toss to coat. Add the dry bbq seasoning blend. Stir to coat.
- Turn a pressure cooker onto to the saute feature. When heated, add the seasoned vegan chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Add in the bbq sauce and toss to combine. Add the lid and seal. Turn pressure cooker to manual high heat and cook for 5 minutes then quick release.
- Transfer the cooked vegan meat to a bowl to shred with two forks before going back in the sauce.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!