We’ll show you how easy it is to make a vegan crunchwrap supreme! The Taco Bell copycat recipe veganized tastes even better than the original!
If you’ve ever been to Taco Bell then you know a crunchwrap supreme is like the best of the taco world. With both soft and crunchy shells, you get it all. Today, we are going to show you how to make it a vegan crunchwrap supreme.
Taco Bell is surprisingly one of the best major fast food restaurant chains to hit up if you are vegan.
Many of their items can be made vegan and you aren’t going to be charged a ton extra just because you make some swaps.
That said, sometimes, things like this vegan crunchwrap supreme need to be veganized at home to get the full experience since Taco bell doesn’t have a vegan nacho cheese or sour cream option.
It’s so easy to make these vegan Taco Bell copycat crunchwrap supremes and you will absolutely love this vegan copycat meal idea.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this vegan crunchwrap supreme Top 8 Allergen Free?
Use a gluten free tortilla shell to start. For the vegan meat – use something that is soy and gluten free like Lightlife vegan ground meat.
You can use a vegan sour cream that meets your allergens or omit entirely.
As far as the nacho cheese, you just need to use a soy free vegan butter.
Can I prep vegan crunchwrap supremes ahead of time?
We actually don’t recommend doing this. Feel free to prep everything like the vegan meat mixture, chopped the tomatoes, and making the vegan nacho cheese; however, we don’t advise actually putting them together because the tostada layer will get soggy.
Does it matter what type of taco seasoning that I use?
Honestly, no. We personally love either making a homemade taco seasoning blend or the one from Trader Joe’s if buying.
If you do want a more authentic Taco Bell taste, then you may want to use the Taco Bell taco seasoning packets that are sold in stores.
Can I sub out the processed vegan meat crumbles for something more plant based?
Absolutely! We know not everyone likes vegan processed meat substitutes. Feel free to sub this out with black beans, tofu, TVP, mushrooms, and more.
Great creatives and let us see what you create!
Can I add other toppings besides what you include?
Of course. A traditional crunchwrap supreme at Taco Bell contains nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. But feel free to swap out and add or omit things as desired.
Black beans, avocado, jalapenos, salsa, etc are just a few other ideas that you could add in to make these even better or different to suite your needs!
WHAT OTHER VEGAN MEXICAN INSPIRED TYPE DISHES SHOULD I MAKE?
If you love this easy vegan dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other ideas we have. Here are some more ideas we think you’ll love:
- Vegan Mexican Pizza (Taco Bell copycat)
- Vegan Instant Pot Tex Mex Rice
- Vegan Taco Casserole
- Tex Mex Vegan Tater Tot Casserole
- Vegan Walnut Meat Cheese Fries
- Vegan Southwest Egg Rolls
- Quinoa and Black Bean Tacos
Pin this vegan crunchwrap supreme for later!
Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
For Vegan Nacho Cheese
- 1 15oz can Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4oz can diced mild jalapenos, (use less for less spicy or use hot jalapenos for spicier flavor)
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon oat flour
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
For the Crunchwraps
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz frozen vegan meatless crumbles (see post for plant based sub ideas)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 4 large burrito size flour tortilla shells
- 4 tostada shells
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup vegan sour cream (we like Wayfare brand)
For Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Pour all ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend for 5 minutes or until a thickened, creamy, well-combined sauce. Set aside. (Note: You will not need all this for this recipe.)
For the Crunchwraps
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium low heat. Saute onions for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and half of the taco seasoning. Stir together and cook for 1 minute.
- Add meatless crumbles and sprinkle remaining taco seasoning over top and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes (or according to package instructions if longer than this). Remove from heat.
- Lay a large flour tortilla down. Add ¼ of the "meat" mixture.
- Top with 2-3 tablespoons of the vegan nacho cheese sauce. Add a tostada
- Add ¼ of the lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on top.
- Lay the small tortilla shell on top.
- Fold a small piece of the large shell up and over. Repeat with remaining shell until you get back to where you started (see video for visual).
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, lay the crunchwrap folded side down and cook for 2-3 minute or until golden brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until that side is also golden brown.
- Remove from heat and repeat with remaining wraps. Makes 4.