These Vegan Chipotle Black Beans and Greens Tacos are so flavorful with minimal ingredients and just 15 minutes to make!
These chipotle black beans and greens tacos are an instant burst of flavor in your mouth! The fact that this recipe is made in just 15 minutes will make it an instant classic on your monthly menu.
It’s no secret, we all love tacos, but sometimes they can take long, be expensive, or a lot of ingredients. Or a combination of all of those.
This easy spin on tacos uses ingredients many people typically have on hand and need to use up quickly. It’s a win-win all around.
This dish pairs perfectly with our vegan cilantro lime rice.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Why You’ll Love This Dish
- Quick – This meal is ready in under 15 minutes without sacrificing any flavor!
- Simple Ingredients – most of these ingredients are things people keep in the pantry or on hand if they make dinners often, so you can make it quickly without having to run to the store
- Versatile – you can swap the beans or the greens for whatever you have on hand to make this meal ready no matter what!
Gather your ingredients!
- Black Beans – You can use canned (rinsed and drained) or dried (and cooked first) black beans for this recipe.
- Kale -for the greens of this dish, we are using kale. You can use pre-chopped or remove from the stems itself
- Chipotle Pepper in Adobo – to kick up the heat we are using a chopped chipotle pepper. You can add a little or more depending on your spice preferences.
- Enchilada Sauce – we’re using this to add a lot of flavor without having to simmer for a long time or add a lot more spices. You can use canned or make your own enchilada sauce from scratch.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Black Beans – You can swap with kidney beans, pinto beans, or even a white bean if needed for this recipe.
- Kale – can be swapped with spinach or collard greens
- Chipotle Pepper in Adobo – you could use regular bell peppers or poblano peppers instead and then add in some cayenne seasoning or hot sauce for the kick
- Enchilada Sauce – for an alternative you could do some tomato sauce with taco seasoning added in if needed
- Salsa– You could buy a premade mango salsa for this recipe or just use a tomato based salsa if you prefer.
- Stretching this recipe – if you want, you could just double or triple this recipe, but you could also add more to it. Some suggestions would be – mushrooms, tofu, or cauliflower.
Step by Step Instructions for vegan chipotle black beans and greens tacos:
Step 1. Into a small bowl, add the mango, pineapple, cilantro and lime juice.
Step 2. Gently stir together. Place this in the fridge to chill until ready to use.
Step 3. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add kale, salt and pepper, then saute until it’s began to soften and wilt.
Step 4. Add black beans, enchilada sauce, and adobo pepper. Stir together and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
When done, serve on desired tortilla shells. Top with mango pineapple salsa and other taco toppings as desired.
This recipe is written as top 9 allergen free already. No changes are needed. Make sure to use corn tortillas instead of flour.
Yes. Once cooled completely, you can store in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Yes. Use a large skillet to cook this recipe and it’s easy to double or even triple the recipe as needed.
We do not recommend freezing this dish.
Other 30 minute (or less) Vegan Dinner Recipes to Consider:
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!
Vegan Chipotle Black Beans and Greens Tacos
For Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cups greens (spinach, kale, or collard greens), chopped small
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1-2 chipotle pepper in adobo, finely diced (more or less to taste)
- 8-10 hard or soft tortilla shells
- For the salsa- mix the mango, pineapple, cilantro and half the lime juice together in a bowl and gently stir to together. Place in fridge to chill. When ready taste and add additional lime juice as desired.
- For the tacos – Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the greens, salt and pepper, then sauté for a few minutes until wilted and soft. Add in black beans, enchilada sauce, and adobo pepper. Stir together and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on desired tortilla shells. Top with mango pineapple salsa and other taco toppings as desired.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
Leave a Reply