This vegan chimichurri monkey bread will make bread the centerpiece of conversation. Easy to make and absolutely delicious!
If you have ever hosted a dinner party, then you know that it’s nice to have a conversation piece. This vegan chimichurri monkey bread Is something that could do that.
Most people don’t have expensive artwork or collectibles to showcase and discuss, so that leaves them with food centerpieces. Often times, dessert is usually something you can make to wow your guests.
However, with this vegan chimichurri bread, you can have a conversation piece at your actually dinner.
Chimichurri is an Argentinian type of sauce or table condiment where parsley and garlic are the stars.
It is traditionally used for meat; however, since we are vegan, we found an exciting new way to use it.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do you need for vegan chimichurri monkey bread?
You only need 12 ingredients for this showstopping vegan chimichurri monkey bread.
We start with the base of our vegan everything dough recipe and then just add a few extra ingredients to make the chimichurri sauce and bam done!
Full amounts listed in the printable recipe card below.
The Ingredients that you need are:
- Instant yeast
- Dairy Free Milk (we like Oat)
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Fresh oregano
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
How do you make vegan chimichurri monkey bread?
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt. Then, add in the dairy free milk and maple syrup.
Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if you need to not be sticky and form a ball.
Once your ball is formed, you will want to grease the same bowl you mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place.
While waiting for it to rise, chop and combine all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl. Place in fridge while you wait for dough to finish rising.
Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
Grease a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Pull off about tablespoon size pieces from the dough and roll it into a ball. Place a layer of the balls, unseasoned, into the bottom of the pan.
For the remaining dough, after rolling into a ball, roll into the chimichurri sauce mixture and then layer into the bundt pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and invert onto a serving plate. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove the bundt pan carefully.
Serve and enjoy!
Can I make vegan chimichurri monkey bread ahead of time?
We highly recommend you don’t make the completed vegan chimichurri monkey bread ahead of time if you are looking to make it a talking centerpiece of your table.
However, you could make the everything dough and when it goes to rise, instead of letting it sit in a warm place, you can tightly cover it and place in the fridge up to 2 days. This way at least your dough is ready.
The bread can be reheated, but it’s best reheated by pulling off the pieces that you want at the time and reheating those, rather than reheating the entire large piece.
Can this be Top 8 Allergen Free vegan chimichurri monkey bread?
Besides the flour, this recipe is already Top 8 Allergen Free.
We cannot at this time recommend a gluten free flour that will rise properly to make this recipe. We are working on one and as soon as we have it ready, we will update.
What bundt pan did you use? Do I have to use a specific one?
We used the Nordicware Heritage Bundt Pan.
We choose the smaller bundt pan we own so that it would mostly fill the entire pan with the chimichurri monkey bread and look like it has more layers; however, any style or size bundt pan will work for this recipes.
What are other vegan bread ideas I could make?
If you want a classic dessert style monkey bread, then we highly suggest you make our vegan monkey bread.
This recipe used our vegan everything dough, click the link for more ideas on using the dough for things like pretzels and cinnamon rolls.
Other vegan bread sides for dinners include:
Pin this Vegan chimichurri monkey bread for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Chimichurri Monkey Bread
For the dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
- Then, add in the dairy free milk and maple syrup.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- While waiting for it to rise, chop and combine all the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce into a bowl. Place in fridge while waiting for dough to finish rising.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Grease a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pull off about tablespoon size pieces from the dough and roll it into a ball. Place a layer of the balls, unseasoned, into the bottom of the pan.
- For the remaining dough, after rolling into a ball, roll into the chimichurri sauce mixture and then layer into the bundt pan. If any mixture remains pour over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and invert onto a serving plate. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove the bundt pan carefully.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!