Seasoned Potato Wedges are a delicious side for your next meal, appetizer or late night snack! Pairs perfectly with our 10 minute vegan cheese sauce. Can be air fried or baked.
French fries, fried potatoes, mashed potatoes. We all love potatoes. I mean there’s a subset of the population who apparently doesn’t like carbs, but if you are here, that’s not you and that means we are potato friends like that. These seasoned potato wedges are incredible and you’re going to love them.
Let’s preface this post by saying there’s a right way to cook seasoned potato wedges and there’s a not so right way. We, obviously, are teaching the right way.
There’s something about some restaurants and they way that some cook potato wedges that basically just taste like mushed potatoes. It’s not good and we don’t want that.
We want crispy edges and soft potato on the inside. All perfectly seasoned to the flavor gods. Let’s show you how.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make these seasoned potato wedges Top 8 Allergen Free?
There are no Top 8 Allergens in this recipe.
The only thing to be mindful of is that whatever seasoning blend you use. There are some blends that contain milk or milk powder, so you always want to be careful there.
How long are these vegan seasoned potato wedges good for?
We recommend consuming these potato wedges right away. However, if you have extra leftover or just can’t at the time and need to reheat, you can throw them into an air fryer or back into the oven.
We do not recommend reheating in the microwave as they just stay soft.
What are the best potatoes to make potato wedges with?
We highly recommend using russet potatoes to make these potato wedges. However, you can use other potatoes like yukon or red potatoes as well. Sweet potatoes also work for making potato wedges.
No matter which you choose, you just want to cook until fork tender and crispy on the outside.
What is all purpose seasoning or what seasoning should I use?
This can be any seasoning that you desire honestly. We really love an all purpose BBQ seasoning that you can find pretty much in any store.
However, use a variety just depending on what you have on hand.
For a simple DIY recipe you can mix equal parts black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili powder.
What vegan sauce ideas could I make to dip these fries in?
We highly recommend pairing with our 10 minute easy vegan cheese sauce.
However here are a few other ideas:
Pin these vegan seasoned potato wedges for later!
Vegan Seasoned Potato Wedges
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed, patted dry, skin left on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp all purpose seasoning
Optional, 10 Minute Vegan Cheese sauce
- 1 recipe vegan cheese sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F if baking (skip if using an air fryer).
- Slice the potatoes in half length wise, then each half cut in half and finally cut eat of those in half. For each potato you should have 8 pieces that are triangular in shape.
- Add cut potatoes into a bowl and add the oil and half of the seasoning. Toss until well coated. Add remaining seasoning and toss again.
- Lay flat on a baking sheet in a single layer – DO NOT CROWD. *If using an air fryer, put all fries inside the basket, again do not overcrowd.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until desired crispiness, flipping every 10-12 minutes. *If using an air fryer, toss the fries in the basket every 7 minutes so they don't stick to the bottom.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Optional Cheese Sauce
- While baking make optional 10 minute vegan cheese sauce.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!