This dairy free chocolate bark recipe is the perfect easy dessert to wow a crowd. Multiple variations for endless possibility of this vegan bark treat.
Dairy Free Chocolate Bark is one of the easiest dairy free desserts that you could make. Traditionally, people make Christmas Bark for the holidays; however, dairy free chocolate bark is great no matter what day, season, or holiday you are celebrating.
Dairy Free Peppermint Bark is the most common, but it doesn’t have to end there. There are endless possibilities that you can create. Dairy Free Chocolate Bark is one of those recipes that is really fun to do with kids because there isn’t really a way to mess it up.
Watch how to make Dairy Free Chocolate Bark:
What ingredients do you need to make Dairy Free Chocolate Bark?
Surprisingly, you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make this dairy free chocolate bark recipe. In fact, at the most basic level, you only need 2 different ingredients. In order to make this vegan chocolate bark, you’ll need:
- dairy free white chocolate (we recommend using our homemade dairy free white chocolate recipe)
- whatever toppings you’re going to to put on top (see ideas below)
It’s really that simple. Dairy Free chocolate bark is only melted dairy free white chocolate spread in a single layer with toppings added to it and then frozen or refrigerated until set. Easy peasy right? That’s why this is such a great dairy free recipe for kids to make.
Do I have to use white chocolate to make dairy free chocolate bark?
You don’t have to use dairy free white chocolate to make a vegan chocolate bark at all. Dairy free white chocolate is typically used because it allows for a bright palate to showcase whatever toppings that you are using. However, there’s no reason that you can’t make dairy free chocolate bark with dairy free semi-sweet or dark chocolate.
WHERE CAN I BUY DAIRY FREE WHITE CHOCOLATE?
We highly encourage you to attempt making our homemade dairy free white chocolate. For starters, it tastes so much better. But also, Dairy free white chocolate is one of those things that is a little hard to find still.
But still, we get it. Sometimes you just need to get it pre-made. Whether you don’t have the time or tempering chocolate seems a little outside your cooking skills, you may just want to purchase dairy free white chocolate.
Even Amazon doesn’t have a huge selection. If you are looking locally, you’re best bet is to check a local health food store, Whole Foods, Wegmans, or Mom’s Organic store. It’s always best to call ahead and ask if they carry it so you don’t waste a trip (or multiple trips) looking for your dairy free white chocolate. Here’s some vegan white chocolate or dairy free white chocolate brands for sale:
- Milkless Vegan White Chocolate Bars
- Pascha Vegan Rice Milk White Chocolate Bars
- Dee’s Best Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- King David Dairy Free White Chocolate Melting Bars
- King David Dairy Free White Chocolate Chips
- or King David Dairy Free White Chocolate Coins
What can I add to dairy free chocolate bark?
You may be wondering what the best toppings are for chocolate bark. If so, you’ll be happy to hear that they are literally endless possibilities available. If you like a combination of something, anything with chocolate, then you are likely going to be able to combine it into a dairy free chocolate bark recipe.
The combinations that we are showing in our photos are:
- Dairy Free Peppermint Bark
- This is one of the most classic versions of chocolate bark. We are taking it to another level though by combining white chocolate, dark chocolate and crushed peppermint candy cane pieces. To make the dark chocolate layer, melt 10oz of semi-sweet chocolate and pour onto a harden white chocolate layer.
- Dairy Free Oreo Bark
- A lot of people don’t realize but Oreos are not only dairy free, but they are vegan as well. We love this combination of white chocolate with crushed Oreo pieces.
- Dairy Free Strawberry Pistachio Bark
- If you celebrate Christmas, this is such a fun one for the holidays. We paired green pistachios with red freeze dried strawberries for a festive red and green chocolate bark.
Other dairy free chocolate bark combinations that you could create:
- Cranberries and Pistachios Bark
- Peppermint and Oreo Bark
- Salted Caramel Bark (try our homemade dairy free caramel sauce)
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark (would also be great with a layer of dark chocolate like we did with our dairy free peppermint bark)
- Confetti Bark
- Use your favorite color or multicolor sprinkles
- Vegan M&Ms Bark (these are actually amazing)
- Peanut Butter Bark
- drizzled peanut butter
- Smores Bark
- Chopped graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and drizzled dark chocolate -yum!
- Potato Chip Bark
- Perfect combo of sweet and salty. Crumble some up and push into the chocolate
- Triple Berry Bark
- Add in a mixed of dried cranberries, cherries and blueberries
- Mixed Nut Bark
- Any combination of your favorite nuts
- Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bark
- Throw in some fresh or dried pomegranates and drizzle or sold dark chocolate
- Cherry Almond Bark
- Dried cherries with chopped almonds. Would be great with a drizzled dark or semi-sweet dairy free chocolate
- Banana Nut Bark
- Chopped dried bananas and chopped walnuts
- Bacon Chocolate Bark
- Use your favorite vegan bacon crumbles
- Lemon Bark
- Add in ½-1 teaspoon of lemon extract to melted white chocolate. Top with lemon zest.
- Cookie Bark
- Chopped chunks of your favorite cookie inside
We hope that one of these 20 dairy free chocolate bark recipes will be something that you love. Of course, there are just so many different types of vegan bark recipes that your possibilities are endless.
How do you make dairy free chocolate bark?
You’ve decided on which type of vegan chocolate bark you are going to make. Now you are wondering how do you make dairy free chocolate bark. Luckily, I’m here to tell you that it’s one of the absolutely easiest dairy free desserts that you could ever make.
To start, you will need to either make homemade dairy free white chocolate or melt dairy free white chocolate that you’ve bought. If you are making it using our homemade recipe, then just follow the instructions as outlined. If you are melting store bought dairy free white chocolate, then you will need to put the chocolate in a double broiler to melt the chocolate.
Once you have your dairy free chocolate made or melted, you will pour it on a wax lined baking sheet. We use a 9×12 baking sheet in order to get the perfect layer. Quickly, sprinkle whatever your desired toppings are across the top of the dairy free white chocolate. Push down some of the topping pieces. Place making sheets into the freezer for at least four hours or overnight.
Once your dairy free chocolate bark is hardened, you can remove the bark from the wax paper and then use the end of a wooden spoon or flat side of a mallet to break apart in the desired size pieces.
*Note: There’s no reason that you have to use an entire sheet of dairy free white chocolate to make one single type of dairy free chocolate bark. You can split up one sheet in two, four, or more different kinds. Get creative and have fun.
Dairy free white chocolate should be stored in the fridge until ready to serve. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months.
If you live in a warmer climate or are make dairy free chocolate bark in the summer, realize that it should be refrigerated as much as possible as it can melt easily.
What are other dairy free desserts I should make ?
- Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
- Dairy Free Cheesecake
- Fudgey Dairy Free Brownies
- Dairy Free Sugar Cookies
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
- Dairy Free Sweet Potato Pie
Dairy Free Chocolate Bark
- 1 homemade dairy free white chocolate recipe (or 10oz store bought dairy free white chocolate)
- Desired Toppings (see post for 20 topping ideas)
- To start, you will need to either make homemade dairy free white chocolate or melt dairy free white chocolate that you’ve bought. If you are making it using our homemade recipe, then just follow the instructions as outlined. If you are melting store bought dairy free white chocolate, then you will need to put the chocolate in a double broiler and melt the chocolate.
- When dairy free chocolate made or melted, pour it on a wax lined 9×12 baking sheet.
- Quickly, sprinkle whatever your desired toppings are across the top of the dairy free white chocolate.
- Push down some of the topping pieces into the white chocolate.
- Place baking sheets into the freezer for at least four hours or overnight.
- Once hardened, remove the bark from the wax paper and then use the end of a wooden spoon or flat side of a mallet to break apart in the desired size pieces.
- *Note: There’s no reason that you have to use an entire sheet of dairy free white chocolate to make one single type of dairy free chocolate bark. You can split up one sheet in two, four, or more different kinds. Get creative and have fun.
- Dairy free white chocolate should be stored in the fridge until ready to serve. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months.
**Nutritional facts are just estimates. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Facts only represent homemade white chocolate and not any store bought white chocolate or toppings added.