These vegan cheeseburger wraps will be your new go to vegan dinner! A quick, 30 minute vegan dinner idea that’s a hit for the whole family!
When I tell that you that these vegan cheeseburger wraps are going to be a hit, I don’t mean that lightly.
The first time we made them for our family, they were devoured. Like silent eating as everyone enjoyed their food so much they were speechless.
These vegan cheeseburger wraps not only taste good, but you will love them because of how simple and easy they are to make.
These wraps are also super versatile in that you can pick and choose your favorite burger toppings to make the ultimate vegan burger wraps of your dreams.
Pair them with a simple side of fries or maybe even some homemade vegan onion rings and you have a complete meal.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I prep this ahead?
Yes! We recommend that the wraps not be made until ready to eat so the tortillas don’t get soggy but the mixture itself can be made up to a week in advance.
Can the mixture be frozen?
Once the mixture is made and cooled, you could freeze the mixture for up to 3 months. Then, just thaw out completley and rewarm before using.
Can these be Top 8 Allergen Free?
Yes! Choose a safe meatless crumbles for your allergens. Many have soy, so if you need a soy free version and you can have nuts, we’d recommend making some walnut meat crumbles.
You should also choose a gluten free tortilla if needed, such as a coconut wrap or a collard wrap.
Lastly, the vegan Worcestershire sauce has gluten and soy. You could also purchase a gluten free version of the worcestershire sauce.
As far as the soy, I haven’t yet found a vegan version that you can buy that doesn’t contain soy; however, you could make your own homemade worcestershire sauce, like this one, and replace the soy sauce with a no soy soy free sauce.
I can’t find vegan Worcestershire sauce, what could I replace it with?
While we think the taste of vegan Worcestershire sauce is best, we know that for some, it’s not easy to find. You could replace it with steak sauce which has a similar flavor profile. Many steak sauces are vegan.
WHAT ARE TOPPING IDEAS?
We kept this pretty simple with burger classics – cheese, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce; however, you can get as creative as you want:
Here’s more topping ideas:
- vegan bacon
- sauteed mushrooms
- roasted red peppers
- fresh or jarred jalapenos
- green onions
- diced red onions
- fried onions
Instead of vegan cheese shreds, switch it up with our vegan nacho cheese.
Get creative and tell us what you added in the comments below!
What are other easy vegan dinner ideas that I may like?
If you like this idea of vegan cheeseburger wraps, then we have some other ideas that we think you’d like as well.
- Vegan Walnut Meat Cheese Fries
- High Protein Vegan Burgers
- Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Walnut Meat Vegan Sloppy Joes
- Vegan Fish Sandwich
- Vegan Hot Dogs
Pin these vegan cheeseburger wraps for later:
Vegan Cheeseburger Wraps
- 2 cups onions, diced (sweet or yellow-about 1 whole onion)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or vegetable stock if oil free)
- 16 oz meatless crumbles* (Morningstar used in video)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 4 large burrito size tortilla shells (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 1 large tomato
- 1 handful pickles
- Add oil to a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions in and spread to an even layer. Let cook for 1-2 minutes or until they develop a nice color on them. Then stir and repeat, careful not to actually burn them but just get a nice color on them.
- Drop the heat down to medium and add in garlic. Stir around.
- Add in meatless crumbles. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in black pepper and stir around.
- Add in ketchup, yellow mustard, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir together and let cook for another 3-5 more minutes or until the mixture has cooked throughout and then take it off the heat.
- Lay out a flour tortilla. On the bottom ⅓ of the tortilla, add ¼ cup cheese and then a few sliced and halved tomatoes, a small amount of lettuce and a few pickles. *or whatever toppings you are using*to make the cheese more melty, warm first and then spread.
- Add ¼ of the meatless mixture on top. *These make 4 very large wraps. However, you could make 8 smaller wraps if desired.
- Fold the sides first, and then fold up the bottom, carefully tucking in the meatless mixture as you go. Fold in more of the sides and then keep folding until the end.
- Optional: Place on an indoor or outdoor grill on in a grill pan to toast the outside and make a bit crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like bbq or ranch or keep it simple with just some ketchup and a side of fries or onions rings.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!