Absolutely delicious dairy free vanilla cupcakes. You’ll only be upset you didn’t have the recipe before. Just 9 ingredients and 30 minutes! Completely amazing vegan vanilla cupcakes.
Whether you are dairy free for an allergy or a preference, you have likely shown up to a party where cake or cupcakes are being served. Only to find that once you arrive to the event that you aren’t able to have any of the desserts because they are not dairy free. It’s heartbreaking. But these dairy free vanilla cupcakes are the answer.
These dairy free vanilla cupcakes are perfectly homemade. There is no artificial flavorings, it’s perfectly moist, and topped with the most delicious dairy free vanilla frosting. Bonus is that is comes together in just 35 minutes from start to finish.
No more play dates and parties and holiday get togethers that you have to be worried about not having the perfect dessert. Instead take your own and enjoy everything else right along with everyone.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Watch how to make these vegan vanilla cupcakes:
What ingredients do you need to make dairy free vanilla cupcakes?
In order to make these dairy free vanilla cupcakes you need just 9 ingredients! You’ll need a few more, depending on the frosting that you choose.
The ingredients that you need for these vegan vanilla cupcakes are:
- Flour (use gluten free if needed- we like this GF flour)
- Vegan Sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Coconut oil (see below for allergies)
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (see below for allergies)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
That’s all the ingredients you need for these dairy free vanilla cupcakes.
How to do you make dairy free vanilla cupcakes?
In order to make these vegan vanilla cupcakes, you’re going to start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with cupcake liners (you’ll need approximately 15). Once you have that ready, grab two bowls and you’ll be ready to start making your vanilla cupcakes.
In one bowl, add the dairy free milk and the apple cider vinegar together with the melted coconut oil. Let that mixture site for 10 minutes. You do this to form a dairy free buttermilk as the acid causes the milk to curdle. We add the coconut oil in there because it doesn’t affect the curdling and it’s just another wet ingredient.
Meanwhile, in another bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Then, add the vanilla and stir just until incorporated. Pour until approximately ¾ of the way full. Bake for 15-20 or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once they are cooled you can top them with our:
Can I make these top 8 allergen friendly vanilla cupcakes?
There are a few ingredients that we are looking at for Top 8 allergens, but it is possible to make these Top 8 safe.
To start, use a gluten free flour (we like this GF flour).
Then, use a safe for you dairy free milk. We use almond, but you could use hemp or flax or pea milk for a top 8 free milk.
And finally, the melted coconut oil can be swapped with another oil like canola or you can use a soy free, dairy free butter like Earth Balance soy free in the red tub.
What other dairy free desserts should I try?
Once you have perfected these vegan vanilla cupcakes, you may be looking out for other delicious dairy free cupcakes or cakes. Here are some dairy free dessert recipe ideas.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes (Vegan)
- Dairy Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Vegan)
- Vegan Coconut Cake
- Dye Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Vegan Strawberry Cake
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
Pin this Dairy Free Vanilla Cupcakes recipe for later:
Dairy Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour (use GF flour if needed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners (you’ll need approximately 15).
- In one bowl, add the dairy free milk and the apple cider vinegar together with the melted coconut oil and vanilla. Let that mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour until approximately ¾ of the way. Bake for 15-20 or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled you can top them with our dairy free vanilla frosting!
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
originally published on 1/25/2019. Updated on 8/12/19.
Loved this recipe! Used canola instead of coconut and it still came out amazing! You should definitely make this 😀
Yay! Love it
I just made these today, along with the vanilla buttercream, and both were AMAZING! Super simple and tasty, highly recommend.
So glad to hear that!