This super easy vegan Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath will be a huge hit for your holiday get together. Learn how to make this quick vegan appetizer that can be ready last minute!
When you are planning out your holiday menu, typically one always puts a fruit and veggie tray on that list. This Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath allows for you to make that with a few little changes to give your guests something to talk about.
People love show-stopping pieces. And this Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath. It’s a conversation piece and a definite ice breaker.
You can get as creative or simple as you want and feel free to load up on different or even more vegetables for “ornaments” than we show in our photo.
This type of holiday vegetable tray has been done endless numbers of ways and we’re just adding a unique spin with our homemade vegan ranch dip and the way we style it.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do you need for a Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath?
This is a veggie tray, so the ingredients as totally up to you in all honesty. You can add more or less or switch up some of the ingredients for some other types of vegetables that you prefer.
For our particular Thanksgiving Turkey Vegetable Tray we used:
- Baby Carrots
- Bell Peppers (Yellow and Red)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe
You could also use:
- Snap Peas
- Shishito Peppers
- Yellow Squash
- Green Beans
- Asparagus Spears
- Olives (Black or Green)
Get creative with all your favorite things.
What is the best vegan mayo to use?
Vegan mayo widely varies in taste and what one person may like another may not. We highly recommend that if you have a vegan mayo you already like, that you use that.
We personally love Just Mayo; however, it’s almost impossible to find now. Our next favorite that we have personally tried would be Hellman’s Vegan.
Leave a comment below and let us know what your preference is for vegan mayo!
How do you make a vegan Turkey Thanksgiving Vegetable Tray?
We started with a round tray about 13 or 14″ in diameter.
Next, we fan some cut celery pieces and baby carrots.
Take a red bell pepper and slice into a bell shape. Essentially, you need to cut 2 long strips and two of the rounded bottom part off.
After that, add all your cut broccoli all over the top of those veggies. Top it with your cherry tomatoes and cut up pepper pieces.
Add your bowl of homemade vegan ranch dip in front of the cucumbers.
Is this Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath Top 8 Allergen Free?
The ranch dressing is the only thing we need to consider for this recipe. Make sure that you use a Top 8 Free dairy free milk. We would go with oat milk for this recipe. And make sure to use a soy free mayo.
Can I prep this Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath ahead?
Once put together, this tray can take up a lot of valuable space in the fridge all put together. Instead, what we would recommend is cutting up all your vegetables the day before and then making the tray itself the day of your get together.
The ranch absolutely does better for sitting a few hours, so totally make that ahead If you have the time.
What other Vegan appetizers could I make for Christmas?
- Nacho Cheese
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Taco Casserole(not a traditional appetizer, but it’s great for dipping with chips)
- Vegan Italian Meatballs – make these bite size for easy finger foods
Pin this Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Christmas Veggie Tray Wreath
- 7 stalks celery, clean and cut into thirds
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 6oz package cherry tomatos
- 1 recipe homemade vegan ranch dressing (sub for store bought)
- spinach, optional decoration
- To start, if you are making the vegan ranch, make that first!
- Start with a round tray. About 13 or 14" in diameter.
- Layer cut celery pieces and baby carrots on top.
- Add all your broccoli on top
- Take a yellow bell pepper and cut out stars. It's easy to do this with pair of kitchen scissors.
- Take a red bell pepper and cut off two of the bottom rounded pieces. Then cut two strips and arrange the straw and bow how you see in the video.
- Add bowl of homemade vegan ranch dip in the middle.
- Place cherry tomatoes on the wreath and pretend they are ornaments.
- We also like to keep some extra cut up in order to refill the tray.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!