These easy vegan white chocolate peanut butter cups need just 7 ingredients and are super quick to make! Can be Top 8 allergen free if needed.
Whether you are looking for just a simple treat for yourself or you need candies for a party, these vegan white chocolate peanut butter cups are one of the easiest recipes that you could make!
Vegan candies can be expensive and hard to find, but they are are also one of the most craved foods! Seriously, who doesn’t want a chocolate every once in awhile. Now you can make the cheaper and right at home!
You can use this recipe to make regular size Reese’s, peanut butter eggs or mini cups! You will love how simple and easy the recipe is!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
What ingredients do I need to make vegan white chocolate peanut butter cups?
If you’ve read to here then you know what I’m going to say at this point. You only need 7 total ingredients to make these vegan peanut butter cups. I mean it doesn’t get much easier than that.
Below are notes about the main ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make vegan Reese’s cups:
- peanut butter – obviously we can’t have peanut butter cups without peanut butter itself! You can use crunchy or creamy! Both will work
- dairy free butter – we are using vegan butter for richness in the center of the filling
- dairy free milk – any non-dairy milk will work so go with your favorite! Since we are adding sugar to this recipe, we’d recommend going with an unsweetened variety
- powdered sugar – when combined with the vegan butter and peanut butter, the powdered sugar helps to make essentially a fudge like substance which is what we use for the filling
- vanilla – this adds sweetness but also helps elevate the other flavors
- vegan white chocolate chips – for a long time it was hard to find vegan chocolate chips; however, it’s becoming easier and easier. We use the Great Value Organic Top 8 Free white chocolate which are accidentally vegan and a great price
- salt – while this ingredient is optional, it does really help the flavors pop!
That’s it! Those are your 7 ingredients!
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- peanut butter – this recipe will work with any nut butter or sunflower butter if you need to swap. Just be mindful that it will alter the taste
- dairy free butter – you could swap this with coconut oil, but we highly suggest using the non-dairy butter
- vegan chocolate chips – try this with a vegan semi-sweet chocolate or a combo of white and semi-sweet
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes! You can either use a Mini Cups mold or you can use a mini cupcake pan. If using a mini cupcake pan, definitely line it with mini baking cups. Not only is it easy to come out, but it gives the same design as the molds.
Absolutely not. Shape the peanut butter mixture by hand into whatever shape you want or roll out and use cookie cutters to make a shape too. Then, just follow the dipping and storing instructions above.
This can be done, but it won’t exactly taste the same.
First, you can ensure that you get a soy free dairy free butter like Earth Balance soy free in the red tub or sticks.
Then, you just need to use a nut butter that is safe for you. If you are allergic to peanuts and all other nuts, then sunbutter is your best bet.
If peanuts are your only allergy, but not others, try a cashew or almond butter, etc for a delicious spread, or even a chocolate hazelnut spread.
Yes! These vegan peanut butter cups can be made up to 30 days in advance!
If you store at room temperature, you can do so in an air tight container up to 7 days.
If you store in the fridge, you can do so in an air tight container up to 14 days.
Or if you store in the freezer, you can do so in a freezer safe container up to 30 days.
Also, that none of your ingredients will expire in the time frame that you are going to be consuming your treats.
How do you make vegan peanut butter eggs?
You are going to use the same instructions as above. The only difference is that you are going to use an egg mold or an egg cookie cutter to shape
Alternatively you could shape the peanut butter mixture by hand into an egg shape.
What molds are you using?
For both the regular size vegan peanut butter cups and the mini peanut butter cups, we used molds found on Amazon.
These specifically –
For the vegan peanut butter eggs mold, we found that in a store, but Amazon has very similar ones
You could also do an egg shaped cookie cutter.
WHAT OTHER VEGAN DESSERTS SHOULD I TRY?
If you are looking for a healthy treat, you can definitely try out peanut butter banana smoothie. If you are looking for a different vegan peanut butter recipe, then you must try our vegan peanut butter cookies!
Other delicious vegan desserts that you may want to try would be:
- Vegan Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Dairy Free Apple Pie
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Easy Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Vegan M&M Rice Krispies
- Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
See even more dairy free and egg free desserts on our website!
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!
Vegan White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter and dairy free butter.
- Add in vanilla and dairy free milk. Beat just until combined.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and salt if adding until everything is well combined.
- Fill molds half way with the peanut butter mixture and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When ready, melt white chocolate and then dip the frozen peanut butter mixture into the chocolate. Let any excess run off. *you do not want a thick layer of chocolate
- Place back into the mold and place in fridge for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Can be stored at room temperature, in the fridge or in the freezer.