This Vegan Caramel Banana Bread combines incredible homemade vegan caramel sauce and our classic vegan banana bread for one epic on the go breakfast!
Bananas and caramel were made for each other and you will see exactly why in this delicious vegan caramel banana bread.
We all know that vegan banana bread is delicious.
It’s easy to make, minimal effort, and uses up those bananas that we’ve be avoiding for the last two weeks without making us feel guilty about the waste.
This recipe is still easy, still little effort and still uses up those pesky bananas; however, it’s fancier and even more delicious when you pair it with our homemade vegan caramel sauce.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
CAN YOU PREP VEGAN CARAMEL BANANA BREAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! Once made and cooled, it will last for a week stored in an air tight container at room temperature.
Or you can follow the freezer instructions below.
Can you freeze this Vegan Caramel Banana Bread?
You can absolutely freeze this vegan caramel banana bread recipe.
We would recommend that you let it cool upon coming out of the oven, then slice the bread into desired size slices. Afterwards, you can place a small piece of parchment of wax paper between each piece and freeze the loaf.
The reason we recommended freezing the dairy free banana bread recipe in slices is because it will make it easier to thaw by being less time consuming. You can remove slices as needed and either place on counter to thaw or place in microwave to thaw more quickly.
Of course, you can freeze this vegan banana bread loaf in one whole loaf, but it will take longer to thaw. If doing it this one, remove and set on counter until it comes to room temperature and the middle is no longer frozen.
HOW RIPE SHOULD BANANAS BE FOR VEGAN CARAMEL BANANA BREAD?
You do not want yellow bananas for dairy free caramel banana bread. In fact, they should be pretty dark. The darker the better should be the rule of thumb.
While yellow bananas with a few black spots or streaks would work, if you can wait until they are even more black that is best.
Unless your bananas grow mold, there’s never a wrong time or too ripe time to use bananas for banana bread.
CAN THIS BE TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
There is vegan butter, vegan milk and flour in this recipe.
For the vegan butter, just use a soy free version, like Earth Balance soy free.
For the vegan milk, we prefer oat which is already allergen friendly.
And for the flour, you can use a gluten free versions like King Arthur Measure for Measure.
Pin this Vegan Caramel Banana Bread recipe for later!
Vegan Caramel Banana Bread
For the Vegan Caramel Sauce
For the Vegan Banana Bread
For the vegan caramel
- Heat sugar in pan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Sugar will clump and melt after a few mins. Careful not to burn.
- Once sugar has melted, remove from heat immediately. Stir in the butter and melt completely. Pour in coconut cream, salt and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Let cool slightly
For the Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Oil your bread pan with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, add the peeled bananas and using the back of a fork, mash them well. No large chunks should remain. Try to mash as much as possible.
- To the bananas, add in the brown sugar, melted coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla. Stir together with a silicone spatula.
- Next, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the salt. Stir again just until combined.
- Gently fold in walnut pieces if you are adding.
- Pour half the mixture into greased bread pan and then 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce evenly across. Pour the remaining mixture, then another 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce. Using a butter knife, swirl the caramel into the top.
- Place in oven for 35-45 minutes. When done, a toothpick inserted when come out clean. *The top of the bread should be a deep brown color. If after 45 minutes, your bread needs more time, cover the top with foil and continue cooking in 5 minute intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes in pan. Then carefully remove and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Drizzle more caramel over top if desired.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!