We’ve outlined everything on McDonald’s allergen menu that is vegan. Check out our McDonald’s vegan menu to see everything that is vegan at McDonald’s.
Just because you’re vegan doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy fast food. Sometime’s it’s also necessary if you are out and it’s the only thing near you.
Background: McDonald’s began in California in 1954. It is one of the biggest American chain fast food restaurants worldwide with almost 40,000 locations. Even though they are known for their burgers and fries, there are still some (very few) McDonalds creations that you can have as well if you are vegan.
DISCLAIMER ON OUR VEGAN FAST FOOD GUIDE:
This guide is not meant to be considered as medical advice. Make It Dairy Free does not guarantee or take on any liable responsibility for the accuracy of the information below. This Vegan Fast Food Guide is simply a starting point and the reader should use caution when purchasing all foods they consume.
Please consult your doctor or your child’s pediatrician, depending on the severity of the any allergies that you or your loved one has, as it may be advised you take very special precautions.
IT’S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IN ANY RESTAURANT, BUT ESPECIALLY IN FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, THAT CROSS CONTAMINATION MAY HAPPEN WITH OTHER PRODUCTS.
The safest thing to do is to check the ingredient list or allergen pamphlet at the fast food restaurant every time you go. Fast food restaurants are known to add, change, or update products often and updates to our site may not always happen as quickly as they change. We do our best to provide the most accurate information possible.
While we did our absolute best to make sure this information is accurate, based on research, we cannot guarantee correctness.
This information was obtained from the restaurant chain websites, customer service, or other printed data. We have listed the foods that were identified by the respective fast food chains as not containing animal ingredients, and wherever possible, those that have also been noted as high risk for cross-contamination. However, as a third-party reporter, we do not and cannot guarantee their accuracy. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you see information that is not up to date.
This list only covers US based restaurants. Please note that even if you have one of these restaurants in your country, the ingredients may differ.
Lastly, we have not verified sugar sources (for bone char free sugar) and do include items that have palm sugar. If this is a concern for you, we recommend reaching out to the company directly.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
*McDonald’s Disclaimer: Some products are shared in the same fryers as meat products. Toasted buns, bagels and muffins go through the same processor as buns brushed with butter, so ask for not toasted if that bothers you.
Here’s McDonald’s Vegan Menu:
- Oatmeal – request no cream and replace with hot water
- Bagels (plain, multigrain, or everything) – plain, ask for no butter. Ask for grape or strawberry jam.
- not all locations have all varieties
- English Muffin – plain, ask for no butter. Ask for grape or strawberry jam
- Flour Tortilla – ask for veggies to go inside
- Maple Syrup
- Kid’s Meals
- Apple Slices
- McDonald’s fries and hashbrowns are NOT vegan in the US. They contain both milk and beef.
- Salads are no longer an option at McDonalds
- Not yet available but there is news that McDonald’s will release the McPlant, their plant based burger in 2021
- Apple Pie (discontinued in some locations)
- Secret Menu
- Veggie Sandwich – you can ask for a hamburger and ask to omit the meat and add extra lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles. It’s just veggies on a bun, but it’s something if you are in a crunch.
- regular and decaf coffee
- bottle water
- Slushies (Both flavors)
- orange juice
- apple juice